What's new

Howsit goin', eh?

Crispy Matters

Warming-Up
Jan 26, 2014
Hi guys, Crispy from Canada here, just moved to Hachioji in western Tokyo. Actually, i move in on April 1st. Last year i bought my first carbon bike and did a lot of fast riding with a club in Toronto, Canada, and i would love to keep up the pace!
Please tell me about group rides, clubs/teams, informal races (weeknights?) and anything else you think a 45-year old Peter Pan should know. Especially nice routes in Western Tokyo.
Hope to see you on the road soon!
Crispy Matters

Hi Crispy

Lots of popular hill and mountain rides to the West of Hachioji. Take a look at these routes for some of the best ones: link

The main TCC group rides (posted in this forum) normally start a bit far from you, but rides to the west of Tokyo are also posted pretty often. Also, feel free to join the TCC group on Strava to see what some of us are up to.

Nalshima is another club that probably does regular weekend group rides in that area.

Hey fellow beaver worshiper!
I'm from... Well pretty much everywhere in Canada at some point...
Just joined the group. Anything interesting going on?

Hey fellow beaver worshiper!
I'm from... Well pretty much everywhere in Canada at some point...
Just joined the group. Anything interesting going on?
I don't suppose you're the Canadian Glen(n) with whom I shared a rainy R246 this evening? If not, there are two of you. What are the odds!?

No kidding, that's hilarious! I'm the good looking one.
What's a R246?
You're really close to me too. I'm in Ogikubo. We should totally meet for a beer or 6.
Id love to meet someone to ride with too. I got a fancy foldable bike to take on the train so I can leave the city and ride somewhere interesting, but I have no idea where to go.

Hey Glenn, howsit goin, eh? Vancouver, (Richmond, Surrey, the Sunshine Coast), Toronto (Newmarket), Montreal (Pierfonds) Halifax (Dartmouth). Other places in Japan for 9 years, this is my first few months in "Tokyo". I am way out west, near Tama Center Station. As GranT recommended, I joined the Nalshima club, and they have multileveled group rides every Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom