What's new

Hows about a time share or something??

armmewitharmony

Maximum Pace
Mar 10, 2014
My last post on the subject of motorized doping (lol) got me thinking of other solutions.

I've had the idea in mind in recent years that if I could sort out my life better I'd invest in some kind of accommodation (like a studio or small cabin, something up in the Saitama hills) to use as a weekend base (to circumvent the God Awful commute it takes to get out there and back in a day.

Maybe if there's anyone else here interested in going in on some kind of group time-share or something we could work out a way to get a little cycling crash pad in the hills?

Just a thought. Haven't worked out any details or the logistics in my mind yet.

Any interest at all in something like this, people to whom this even loosely applies to??

There would be rules like, no guns, no rape, no peeing in the dresser etc goes without saying ...

except everyone would want to use it on the weekends.....

I could only see this working if one person buys a property out there and either rents it out to others or just invites their cycling friends out for the weekend. Getting people to pitch money together and purchasing a place is pretty much pie in the sky. Small cabin places range in price btw, from around 3million yen for something run down, to around 8 million for something respectable, to over 10 million for something really nice.

there's the Hiker's B&B up on the greenline, run by a mate - an American mountaineering guide. they could take lots of people and have big basement and generally lotsa space to store bikes too... I'm sure a lot of people will recognize the place from our staple route there basically

Much as I'd like to have a place to overnight up in Saitama hills, the mind boggles at all the issues that would arise in trying to buy, maintain and manage the use of a timeshare.

Much as I'd like to have a place to overnight up in Saitama hills, the mind boggles at all the issues that would arise in trying to buy, maintain and manage the use of a timeshare.

Yeah you're right - I sort of threw it up there with little thought originally, not my best work I know. lol.

But, I think all of us who regularly traipse out to the hills and back have daydreamed about having a place to kick back and take up the ride again the next day.

Personally, I don't think it would ever happen as a timeshare, part ownership kind of thing as people being people shit would turn in the end.

Maybe we could just take over an abandoned place...What are squatters rights like in Japan?

There are rental options in the hills, if have an in you can probably pick up an unused place for really cheap.

A guy I knew rented a place around one of the Fuji lakes for 30000y a year. The owner was just letting it rot and this way his house was kept alive.

Yamanashi has a 40% vacancy rate in real estate.

Back
Top Bottom