What's new

Howdy howdy!

Hygienex

Warming-Up
Jul 29, 2014
My name is Jonny (25) and I currently live in Ota-ku, Tokyo (previously, Kagoshima-ken). I try to ride 30-50km every day along the Tamagawa, and on weekends usually go out for 80-120 km rides.Unfortunately, I still haven't gotten around to getting a bike bag, so I tend to stick mainly to urban routes and along the rivers. 2014 should be the year I finally take my bike on a train!

I am very eager to join up with any other riders in the area. Feel free to reach out anytime you are interested in heading out!

-J

For August (M-F): 1600 to ~1830. A bit later if I have to do overtime.
From September on: ~1900 >

I get on the Tamagawa at Shinmaruko-bashi. Which way you heading?

I was jesting. I used to detour through Haneda <-> Futako when my commute distances was too short. At this time it's between Setagaya road (3) and the Tama New Town road (18) usually early in the morning, 7:30am to 8am, toward Tokyo or away from Tokyo late.

Howdy doody! I tend to get on the Tamagawa at Maruko-bashi myself. (Cough. I think you've conflated the names Maruko-bashi and Shin-Maruko-eki.) Look out for an elderly gent pootling along on a cross between a regular bike and a wheelchair. Attempting not to kill any of the daydreaming/blind/suicidal pedestrians (etc) along Tamagawa requires considerable mental alertness and practising this will I hope help to slow down Alzheimer's. But neither upstream or down is on my way to work; and much though I (usually) enjoy the river, twice a week is enough for me. (More often than not, once a week.)

For weekend rides, keep an eye on the "Half-Fast" area of this board; or probably better (since Half-Fast's "junior insultant and webmaestro" doesn't always get around to posting stuff here), sign up for email notification of Half Fast rides. Quite a lot of them start at one place or another close to Futako-Tamagawa station, which of course is very close upstream for you or me.

Right you are! My mistake.

I'll keep an eye out for you on my rides and also thanks for the suggestion!

Back
Top Bottom