Howdy howdy!

Hygienex

Warming-Up
Jul 29, 2014
Tokyo
My name is Jonny (25) and I currently live in Ota-ku, Tokyo (previously, Kagoshima-ken). I try to ride 30-50km every day along the Tamagawa, and on weekends usually go out for 80-120 km rides.Unfortunately, I still haven't gotten around to getting a bike bag, so I tend to stick mainly to urban routes and along the rivers. 2014 should be the year I finally take my bike on a train!

I am very eager to join up with any other riders in the area. Feel free to reach out anytime you are interested in heading out!

-J

Hygienex

Warming-Up
Jul 29, 2014
Tokyo
For August (M-F): 1600 to ~1830. A bit later if I have to do overtime.
From September on: ~1900 >

I get on the Tamagawa at Shinmaruko-bashi. Which way you heading?

Apr 3, 2012
Tama Center <-> Otemachi
I was jesting. I used to detour through Haneda <-> Futako when my commute distances was too short. At this time it's between Setagaya road (3) and the Tama New Town road (18) usually early in the morning, 7:30am to 8am, toward Tokyo or away from Tokyo late.

microcord

Maximum Pace
Aug 28, 2012
Tokyo
Howdy doody! I tend to get on the Tamagawa at Maruko-bashi myself. (Cough. I think you've conflated the names Maruko-bashi and Shin-Maruko-eki.) Look out for an elderly gent pootling along on a cross between a regular bike and a wheelchair. Attempting not to kill any of the daydreaming/blind/suicidal pedestrians (etc) along Tamagawa requires considerable mental alertness and practising this will I hope help to slow down Alzheimer's. But neither upstream or down is on my way to work; and much though I (usually) enjoy the river, twice a week is enough for me. (More often than not, once a week.)

For weekend rides, keep an eye on the "Half-Fast" area of this board; or probably better (since Half-Fast's "junior insultant and webmaestro" doesn't always get around to posting stuff here), sign up for email notification of Half Fast rides. Quite a lot of them start at one place or another close to Futako-Tamagawa station, which of course is very close upstream for you or me.