What's new

How to watch the TdF this year? (NO SPOILERS)

macrophotofly

Maximum Pace
Aug 27, 2012
I'm sure this gets asked every year, but tech advances and I'm sure there are some better ideas this year

Can you please advise me how to watch the TdF? Live footage (ideal for me to watch at the weekends) would be great, but so would a english daily highlights show, if possible? (for when I only have an hour to catch up).

I only have the basic channels of Japanese TV; I have a good internet connection; and also a VPN to the UK (although speed drops badly). Also don't mind paying some money to a ligit source

Wiziwig is your friend for live coverage. Highlights is something I have not been able to find. Cyclingtorrent.nl would let you download the stages after they finish.
Closing km are usually on YouTube fairly quickly.

I use a VPN for the itv4 live coverage or 1-hour highlight shows streaming from the itv web site. This VPN provider works well for me and is relatively cheap. Checking it on speedtest.net just now I got 15 Mbps download from London. Try comparing to yours.

Things appear on cyclingtorrents.nl pretty quickly too. Steephill.tv has some good links to the youtube videos of the closing km.

Dunno about legit sources.

Last edited:
I use this instead of a VPN and it works for ITV and BBC iPlayer things, no issues. On occasion I need to change the server but always find a working one.

Are you sure any of these work without downloading half a dozen viruses onto your computer? I can't seem to get anywhere. Wiziwig has a nice interface but every link sends you to a dodgy website that makes you wait 30 seconds and provides 3 or 4 "watch now" buttons that lead no where (but each probably puts something on your PC). I keep seeming to end up at some Japanese language site . Has anyone got anything i can just click on a legitimate feed? As i say, i don't mind paying if it actually works.
What do you click on once in steephill? again all the links on this (http://www.steephill.tv/tour-de-france/#live) seem to lead to dodgy websites that don't work.

Install the Hola extension on your browser and go to the ITV iPlayer to watch live. It couldn't be simpler.
I can vouch for installing the AceStream download as I've had it for a half a year or so with no problems on three computers.
Right now I'm watching ITV flawlessly.

use the above link for hola.org, then go here:
https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/itv4

Are you sure any of these work without downloading half a dozen viruses onto your computer? I can't seem to get anywhere. Wiziwig has a nice interface but every link sends you to a dodgy website that makes you wait 30 seconds and provides 3 or 4 "watch now" buttons that lead no where (but each probably puts something on your PC). I keep seeming to end up at some Japanese language site . Has anyone got anything i can just click on a legitimate feed? As i say, i don't mind paying if it actually works.
What do you click on once in steephill? again all the links on this (http://www.steephill.tv/tour-de-france/#live) seem to lead to dodgy websites that don't work.

Watching this is making me rather homesick. I'll be back there in December for a couple of weeks. Weather will be a bit less clement, though.

I'll vouch for musashi and hola, watching it now in windows and Chrome. No viruses and couldn't be simpler.

Wife just said "wow this this must be the most exciting thing to happen to Yorkshire since ....the war of the roses". Forgive her, she's a New Yorker:p

@leicaman It seems to vary by day - last night during Live coverage, it was working very smoothly but sometimes buffering can be an issue. Watching recorded coverage, highlights etc is usually no issue.

All, TDF in English - on JSPORTS

Please take 10 seconds to request TDF in English here on JSPORTS Facebook page`s TDF banner :
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...0658799.141005.171377779554846&type=1&theater

I have request and believe a few others have as well. We get a hundred or so requests and maybe they`ll think about it for next year.and believe they will get the message to broadcast this in English (the did for the Giro).

And cheers for HOLA - brilliant in browser VPN.

It seems like they are showing it free this year. Last year it was only on the extra paid channel, This year it has till now been on the free channel, I wonder if they will switch it over after a week or so?

Back
Top Bottom