How to ship bicycle within Japan

May 27, 2013
I tried to ship my bicycle to Kansai (from Tokyo) so that I can have a weekend biking tour in Kansai. When I took my bicycle to Kuro-neko, I found out it needs to be in cardboard box!!?? so, a regular bicycle carry bag isn't sufficient!!?? Anybody can give me some advice how to ship the bicycle within Japan? through which carrier?? around what cost?? Thank you very much!!

joewein

Maximum Pace
Oct 25, 2011
Setagaya, Tokyo
joewein.net
I would also recommend taking it on the train in a rinko bag as it's the cheapest. Taking road bikes on the Shinkansen is no problem if you use a rinko bag.

If you really, really want to ship it separately, in this thread Half-Fast Mike mentioned this service last year. You need to remove the rear wheel, it must be under 30 kg and L+H+W must be within 280 cm. Looks like Kanto to Kansai for a road bike with that service is 4400 yen.

May 27, 2013
Thanks for the information. Now, I am confused.... from Seino's website. It sounds like it still needs the bicycle box to ship it!! If we can just ship with the rinko bag??

kiwisimon

Maximum Pace
Dec 14, 2006
Japan
I think they (SEINO) want you to use a rinko with sufficient protection during shipping. What are you using to ship it in?
Why can't you take it with you on the train?

May 27, 2013
Because I had to go to Osaka for work first. i don't want to haul the bicycle with me to the work... Then does anybody know if Shin-Osaka station has luggage to keep the bicycle in rinko bag while I am doing business before going to my destination for biking?

May 27, 2013
Thanks for everybody's help~~ I just shipped my bike out through SEINO shipping... and it turned out no wrapping was necessary (just a rinko bag).. and it was ONLY 4500YEN for two bikes. This is totally confusing and conflicting information from the phone calls inquiries and Internet information. I am also wondering if it was because it was shipped through our company's warehouse department whom uses SEINO shipping. Phone call inquires explained that one bike should be 4400YEN and it has to be done via Internet reservation, and has to be wrapped properly in their bicycle box. Then, it would be 8460YEN for one bicycle if not wrapped and disassemble them.
Will report back to you guys (if you guys are interested in knowing), how nicely it is shipped or how badly it is damaged!!