What's new

How to register at JCRC

Malte

Maximum Pace
Sep 26, 2011
hey malte, I had the same problem when I registered last year.

the link is hidden within their website but here it is: https://www.jcrc-net.jp/new_player/apply_sid.htm

fill out the application and then after about 2 or 3 days the JCRC will email back with your SID. if you have anymore questions let me know!

Thanks a lot, I have a CID now.

I actually wanted to enter for Shuzenji on 4/1 but the default X Class is already full. However it seems to be possible for me to register for higher classes (e.g. B-Class :cool:) through the webinterface...:)

Some experience here? Is that possible or does I get sorted out later on race day (before the race I mean, which I want to avoid of course)?

Thanks,
Malte

Malte,

I planned to register for Shuzenji x class after work today. Sucks, that it's full. They are usually strict about admittance to higher classes. But try your luck and see what they say. Please share your result.

Malte,

I planned to register for Shuzenji x class after work today. Sucks, that it's full. They are usually strict about admittance to higher classes. But try your luck and see what they say. Please share your result.

Will try later.
Does anybody here can enter in any class through the online form, or is that a privilege for first time entry only?

And... If they decide later it's all wrong, will they squeeze you into the already full class?

Will try later.
Does anybody here can enter in any class through the online form, or is that a privilege for first time entry only?

And... If they decide later it's all wrong, will they squeeze you into the already full class?

I think it is just a fluke of the website that it has all classes available. When the organizers see that you have not done your x class race they may not allow you to participate. I had all choices available when I was still in x class. If your Japanese is good enough, you can call their office and see about them opening up a 3rd heat for x class.

good luck, I want to see you guys at the JCRC races soon!

You can enter any class you think you are good enough for.
You don't have to spend all that money and travel all that way to ride a 5 minute race in X class if you know you are good enough for a higher class.
Others will tell you different.... but they are WRONG!:p

You can enter any class you think you are good enough for.
You don't have to spend all that money and travel all that way to ride a 5 minute race in X class if you know you are good enough for a higher class.
Others will tell you different.... but they are WRONG!:p

Hmm, I saw this, which would mean you are encouraged to enter any class up-to C-Class depending on your own judgment.
ただし初参加であっても、他の団体のレースに参加経験があり、自信のある方はCクラス以上のクラスに参加することもできます。
Still it doesn't say that you are not allowed to register to class A or B.

I'm interested in doing this Yokkaichi race this weekend. Not sure if it's way too late to enter. I just applied for the SID. I race Cat 4 in the US and Cat 3 Cyclocross. So was wondering if I could join the next group up from X if that is full. Any advice? Thx!

UPDATE: Looking at the course, it seems like a criterium rather than a road race. Is that correct?

I'm interested in doing this Yokkaichi race this weekend. Not sure if it's way too late to enter. I just applied for the SID. I race Cat 4 in the US and Cat 3 Cyclocross. So was wondering if I could join the next group up from X if that is full. Any advice? Thx!

UPDATE: Looking at the course, it seems like a criterium rather than a road race. Is that correct?

The web entry seems to be closed already.
The categories do not seem to be full though.
I don't know if you can register on race day in japan, I would guess not.

Hmm, I saw this, which would mean you are encouraged to enter any class up-to C-Class depending on your own judgment.
ただし初参加であっても、他の団体のレースに参加経験があり、自信のある方はCクラス以上のクラスに参加することもできます。
Still it doesn't say that you are not allowed to register to class A or B.

While it is confusing, the Japanese means that if you are experienced, you can enter ABOVE C class.

No you can't enter on the day due to insurance policy reasons - the deadline is normally a week and a half before the race.

You could try the old gaijin shuffle and say you registered but didn't receive any email or instructions on what to do next and ask if there was a problem with your registration.

They may let you in with the gaijin (doesn't know what he's doing) wild card.

Worth a try.

While it is confusing, the Japanese means that if you are experienced, you can enter ABOVE C class.

Cool, so it then makes sense that I can register for all classes above C level on their website ... I signed up for B Class = 7 laps now :warau:.

Cool, so it then makes sense that I can register for all classes above C level on their website ... I signed up for B Class = 7 laps now :warau:.

Try not to get dropped! That would just be embarrassing for your first race!:p

I'll have to call the office then or just start my racing life at a later date. X Class was filled up while waiting for my credit card balance to clear. doh!:(

Malte - which race have you signed up for?

If it's Yokkaichi then I am driving down on the Saturday morning and staying over night. There is space in the car if you are interested although you will need to cover your share of the tolls and petrol.

Malte - which race have you signed up for?

If it's Yokkaichi then I am driving down on the Saturday morning and staying over night. There is space in the car if you are interested although you will need to cover your share of the tolls and petrol.

James, thanks for that offer.
I didn't register for Yakkaichi as it looked like a crash course to me :eek:. I registered for Shuzenji. I thought about taking the Shinkansen but now that I registered for B-Class I need to be there really early and I might take a hotel in Mishima the night before... maybe going directly from Mike's birthday ride there.

Back
Top Bottom