What's new

How often do you ride your bike per week

I'm no spring chicken myself at 51. The GCN video with Emma Pooley, who runs herself competitively, said that running was good for the bones because it's weight-bearing, unlike cycling where you are sitting on a saddle. I'd never really thought about it before that.

I'm now 65 and as much as I wish I could get out and run, when I do it, my knee swells up and walking gets painful. Probably partly due to an ACL tear and torn meniscus from long ago. I've heard that bikers need to also do impact stuff, but looks like that's not in the cards for me anymore. Best I can do is hike a bike stuff.

I try to ride every other day at least, because I find that if I skip two days, I tend to get lazy and may end up with a week off the bike. OTOH, I seem to recover much slower than when I was younger, so after two days of biking in a row, I need to take a day off or just slow spin. I see some folks on Strava (and this site as well) who are my age and am amazed they can do what the do.

I ride pretty much every day. Normally I commute 10-20km/day each way and on days off go for rides, local shops, cafes and just out & about with the wife. No need to own a car in Tokyo is nice.

I heard that the young people in Tokyo don't even want to own a car. Is that true?

Back
Top Bottom