What's new

How often do you ride your bike per week

adventurous cyclist

turtle speed cyclist
May 16, 2019
Weather permitting I'd have to say everyday. Since getting around is either by walking or bike, these days I'd just hop on the bike to go grocery shopping.

Where is the sport in that????
Not much fun is it? I have thought of Mr. Magoo riding, which might create a few laughs, but it might bring more enmity on other cyclists' heads so I haven't done it so far.

Ahhh! The penny drops (thanks for writing that a bit slower for me).
Not a hope; I haven't got the balls.
I will say as I started riding my new work of art the other night that one of my first (exhilarated) thoughts was, "Oh, wow, this beauty is gonna kill me!"

If you want to review that horror story, look here. (pics on p. 2) And I had a hip replacement the following summer. On xrays it now looks like someone spilled a tackle box in there. These days getting on/off is okay, tho I do use a bath stool next to the trainer.

Be careful out there.

Every day, but may have to stop riding in the rain as my eyesight is failing. Have basically stopped riding in the rain when it's dark because I can't see.

Hey Kang, sorry to hear about your eyesight. I know how it is. I only see out of one eye. I'll be putting a left side mirror on my bike soon.

I've got partial paralysis of one of the eyeball-moving muscles in one eye, so I get double vision looking to the far right. Since I can't see over my right shoulder. I usually stop when I need to turn right. I ride on quiet country roads, but I'd have to fit a mirror if I didn't.

Excuse me for asking, but what is "swifting"?

As for frequency, I try to ride three or four times a week, all for leisure/fitness. Starting this year, I also do a trail run of about 10km. It's literally on my doorstep. Last year, I had a bad experience with about four days of major soreness from the downclimb part of a big day-hike, and I don't want to experience that again. Climbing a lot on a bike was not enough to prepare my legs for the joltiness of downclimbing.

As for frequency, I try to ride three or four times a week, all for leisure/fitness. Starting this year, I also do a trail run of about 10km. It's literally on my doorstep. Last year, I had a bad experience with about four days of major soreness from the downclimb part of a big day-hike, and I don't want to experience that again. Climbing a lot on a bike was not enough to prepare my legs for the joltiness of downclimbing.

Them knees have to be in good shape I bet ya. Also the ankles. Getting close to 70, I wonder how long my knees will hold out.

I'm no spring chicken myself at 51. The GCN video with Emma Pooley, who runs herself competitively, said that running was good for the bones because it's weight-bearing, unlike cycling where you are sitting on a saddle. I'd never really thought about it before that.

I ride pretty much every day. Normally I commute 10-20km/day each way and on days off go for rides, local shops, cafes and just out & about with the wife. No need to own a car in Tokyo is nice.

Back
Top Bottom