What's new

Honolulu Century ride

araim1

Speeding Up
Jan 7, 2007
I went to the Honolulu Century ride 2007 event held at September 30 in Hawaii.

This is a really fun event where riders can chose from 25,50,75 and 100 miles course. It is very well organized and provides enough aid stations where some food, drinks and also mechanical service are available.

But this is obviously the event of the Japanese riders, for the Japanese riders and by the Japanese riders. Majority of the participants are from Japan. No wonder Japan Air Line is co-sponsoring this event. Anyway 2000 Japanese riders flew to Hawaii last week.

The course has only 40-50 meeters elevation difference throughout the way which is almost flat. For those who are used to the mountain riding in Japan this course may be an easy 100 miles.

Even so, the course was just beautiful. Riders go through nice elegant residential area, plantatioin area and of course along the ocean.

Hawaii is nice. I love it. Riding in Hawaii is something special.

Minoru Arai

Booking for 2008

This looks really great actually. I had a chance to go but family vacation etc just ate up all my days. Looks like I will have to wait until I retire to enjoy this :(

I may try next year... I usually have that time of the year off. (off now for 3 weeks).

Sounds like a nice trip.

someday...

Arai-san,

I would love to ride in Hawai one day(have thought for long time) should be nice riding. but probably on Hawai Island:)

写真、是非是非アップしてくださいね。楽しみにしています。
荒井さん!!若い&かっこいいですね・・・

Naomi

写真

Naomiさん、写真はちょっと待っていただけますか。今はベトナムに仕事で来ているので日曜日に帰国してからアップします。:(
あらい

Arai-san

大忙しですね・・・
時間が出来たらで構いません。楽しみにしています:)

Naomi

羨ましい!!

arai-san

いいですね!私も行こうかと考えていたのですが、富士ヒルが近かったので・・・・
いつか参加してみたいです:D
実は、ホノルルマラソンに行こうかと検討中です:p
私も写真楽しみにしています。
では、また一緒に走れるのを楽しみに!!

Shinobu-san

実は、ホノルルマラソンに行こうかと検討中です:p

え?Shinobuさん、マラソンもするの:eek:
でも、何となく納得:warau:

富士ヒル頑張ってね。

Naomi

Naomi-san
いいえ!!しません:warau:
でも、楽しそうだし、友達に誘われて・・・
って一番楽しみなのは、ハワイに行くこと:p
明日から富士ヒル行ってきます!!
ガールズの皆がいないから、寂しいよ!
来年は行こうね;)

Some photos

I uploaded some of my photos taken in Hawaii. Please take a look at them.:)

Minoru Arai

Minouu Arai,

We have a bike race in Saipan called the Hell OF the Mariana's. Can you help me with who do I contact to get the the 2,000 riders here in October. The race is similar except 100KM 50KM and 4x25KMRealy. Lots of hills and great fun a video was made for TV.
It is sponsored by the Pacific Islands club Resort on Saipan and has prize money and medal for all age groups. The first year was 2007. The race will be on the last week of October is this good for the Japanese Cycling groups. Stealth

Minouu Arai,

Can you help me with who do I contact to get the the 2,000 riders here in October.

Well, I am not a marketer and do not have any idea. sorry. Saipan is more famous for the marine activities rather than bicycling,,,,,,:cool: Honolullu century ride is sponsored by JAL. How about contacting ANA for Saipan.:)

Is anyone going this year?

It does look to be an incredibly flat event, but maybe that will be just what I need after riding volcanoes on the big island.

I'll be in Hawaii :D and have a chance to enter this event, also I've found I can hire a Specialized Allez or Specialized Roubaix Expert for the event from The Bike Shop in Honolulu, so no need to fly the red tank across the ocean.

Hopefully, if I like the bike enough I will return with a piece of carbon from the Aloha state.

Hi Andy

Good for you! I am sure you will enjoy the flat 160Km. Actually the heartbreak hill is 40m climb, not 400m.:)

Minoru Arai

Aloha!
This is my first post to this forum, but I thought I'd let you know about a lesser known ride here on Oahu.

The same organization that puts on the Honoululu Century Ride, also does a Metric Ride in March/April. The Metric, though shorter, offers much nicer scenery if that's what you are into. The final turnaround for both rides is at Kaaawa Beach Park, just that the approach is from the other end of the island.

Ride attendance is "intimate" @ approx. 800 riders.

The metric starts out on the north shore of Oahu (famous for surf spots - which you do pass and can stop to take photos). Also, it's even flatter than the HCR! Just have to deal with headwinds / crosswinds.

You can check out hbl.org for more information (and just to let you know, I'm not a marketer for them, in fact, I'm not even a member)! LOL!

I hope to one day do a century ride in Japan! I see a lot of folks from Japan that travel here for the HCR, and would love to check out a ride over there someday.

Hope you had a great ride today (today was the HCR)!

Aloha,
Greg

Back
Top Bottom