What's new

Honey Badger LSD Dec. 24 ??

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
Thinking about an LSD ride into Rindo or marginally CX territory on the 24th (tradition) Pete 'The Honey Badger' is interested - of course, he doesn't care where we go.

Where? Somewhere fun to go slow.
Who? Anyone as long as you wear a Santa hat , or more.

Preference : Leave around 8-9ish from Tokyo proper and return by 4-5ish.

Nothing too major, really, this would be good for novice riders who can stay upright in their saddle for more than 5hr at leisurely 20-35 kph pace.

I'll be riding fixed gear and with 2 broken ribs and a cracked sternum , so please don't tempt me up the hills!

Even if i can't find an appropriate Santa hat by Saturday, can I still join?
I'm (relatively) serious.

waaaa should I call in sick from work to do this?!?! I havent done a group ride in ages

I'll be riding fixed gear and with 2 broken ribs and a cracked sternum , so please don't tempt me up the hills!

Is this from your crash at our last HFC ride? :eek:

Yikes! Take it easy over the holidays and get enough calcium!

No can do. Christmas party. But definitely up for something in the new year or just before.

Hi there - thinking about this:

Option A: Family Mart Arakawa @ 0900 - then head North to Kumagawa area. Pete knows a good route.

Option B: McD Yamete Dori / Rt17 - basically the road up Itsukaiichi Dori then head up around Tomin No Mori with return bailout possible at Itsukaiichi Sta. Or - maybe do alternate Rt. to Takao.

Option C: Open to suggestion.

Ride Level : LSD with minimal elevation / or speed, but keeping steady pace along good roads.

Length : 6hr Max.

You might want to check the wind strength before you commit to a leisurely Arakawa northbound run. If it is anything like today it will be a slog. Anyway if that is your route I may join for a part of the trip. And bail out around Nerima.

Yes - wind is a concern, mainly for the temperature. But I don't mind going into a headwind on the 'getting there' route - it means a nice ride 'coming back' !

Yes - I'm leaving for there now. MacDonalds on Yamete Dori by Rt 17 (??) @ 9ish

Tim,
What a cold day!

Im still in my room,so lets see at MUSASHI ITSUKAICHI sta. around 11:00 ?
take care

Tim,
What a cold day!

Im still in my room,so lets see at MUSASHI ITSUKAICHI sta. around 11:00 ?
take care

HTFU! - Harden That Fumiki Up!

Sorry,looking i missed it...

hope to bump
somewhere in okutama mountain this afternoon, or next time.

;)

I'm back! I had to return by 3 to make a special appt. Also - my ribs were starting to get very crunchy and sore on the climb (doh!). But yes - IT WAS COLD!! Even with 'full Santa' clothing I could turn a hot can of cornsoup from the vending machine to corn ice in about 30sec! GREAT LSD weather, though! And the bruised up bod meant HAD to keep it slow and easy. Bird looked raring to go, though and I met Fumiki san on way back - so hope you guys had a safe descent!

Thanks Tim, it was a great ride today. Glad you made it home safe.
After climbing further to the summit, I headed back and met Fumiki-san at the 7-11 during descent towards Itsukaichi.

Fumiki-san, sorry we missed you at the station, but it was so nice to see you on the way. Also, thanks for pulling me all along Tamagawa. You're so strong!

Back
Top Bottom