What's new
  • Dear valued Members,

we kindly ask you to post/repost your classified ads to our new Classifieds section. This subforum is now in read-only status. If you still have active ads, repost them to the new Classified section.

Please submit multiple items seperately: one entry for each item you'd like to post.

Thank you!

Sold! Holdsworth Equipe - L'Eroica 2016?

Arcadiandream

Speeding Up
Aug 3, 2013
Finally getting around to clearing some stuff out and one of the things that unfortunately has to go is this vintage Holdsworth I imported from the UK for this year's L'Eiyu (L'Eroica Japan) around the five lakes of Fuji. it is a mid-1970s 5-speed road bike with original components (except front wheel). Designed and built by legendary frame builder F. Holdsworth in England.

For those that were at the ride, you will know the story of the three spokes which broke, leaving the rear wheel in (near) unridable state...Still crossed the line in 5th place! This will need to be fixed before it can safely be ridden. It would make a great restoration project, or retro single speed conversion (derailleur hanger is removable).

Just have too many bikes and this was always too small for me...

Frame Reynolds 531 tubing 51cm C-C

Rear derailleur: Campagnolo Gran Sport

Shifter: Campagnolo

Brakes: Weinmann Raleigh 610

Levers: Weinmann

Wheels: Weinmann rear hub, unbranded front hub and rims.

Saddle: Brooks leather (some perishing)

The bike is in decent condition for its age, considering it is 40 years old. Paintwork has some scratches and signs of rust as you would expect, but nothing serious. The decals show signs of wear, but still readable. New decals are readily available on eBay etc.

Other than the rear wheel, it is in good working order and completed the 100km ride in L'Eiyu which is testament to this! I will also include a used Holdsworth Campagnolo musette and jersey (small size) that I wore, these are modern reproductions.

25000yen, price is firm.

IMG_5688.JPG IMG_5689.JPG IMG_5690.JPG IMG_5691.JPG IMG_5692.JPG IMG_5693.JPG IMG_5695.JPG IMG_5696.JPG IMG_5712.JPG Holdsworth.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom