What's new

Hitachinaka 7-hr Enduro

Phil

Maximum Pace
Sep 1, 2007
The Background

Michael (m o b) had wanted to put together a mixed team for the Tsukuba Enduro in May, and Alan, Naomi, and myself signed on. However, due to a registration mix-up our entries never went through, so we decided to keep the team together and do the Hitachinaka Enduro instead.

Unfortunately, Michael had a crash a week or two ago, breaking bones in his hand, and so obviously he could not do the race. Instead, Travis graciously stepped in to pick up the torch. Although we were missing our founder and leader, the "Mob Squad" was a go...

The Race

I'll let the others fill in the details of how the race itself went. Executive summary though is that we finished second in our category, and 10th overall on the day. We finished on the same lap as the winners, only 2:46 down. with a 36.2 km/hr average. We knew the key to success would be to get into the front group at the beginning and stay in it for as long as possible. We sent out Alan first and he did just that; by the time he came in we were practically assured 2nd in our group, as we were already a lap or two ahead of third place. Barring puncture or mishap, it was just a case of putting our heads down and riding hard the rest of the way.

Results for mixed road category:
http://www.bikenavi.net/gp/gp2009/hitachinaka/pdf/BN090524Spring7_7h_MixedRoadTeam.pdf

All results:
http://www.bikenavi.net/gp/gp2009/hitachinaka/result.html

Alan, Naomi, Travis > Many thanks for the superb company and excellent day! Thoroughly enjoyable, and the podium was merely icing on the cake. :)

Michael > Really sorry you had to miss this, I hope you heal up fast and we can do a race together soon.

Congratulations on the excellent result! I am looking forward to the official report. :)

Michael, I hope you'll recover fast.

Awesome result. All good experience to do one better next time.
Who were the organisers of this event? R&I?

Congrats, gentlemen and a lady! Impressive!
Must have been a tough battle.. 7 hours under the rain - sounds tough!

Cool

Congratulations, I am very impressed and happy for you that you achieved such an excellent result.

My contribution this time was only to arrange the financial package with Citibank and Japan post to secure pre-funding of the registration fees.
I hope I can do more next time in brand new Positivo Espresso jerseys.
But really, you were great.

Actually despite or because of a broken hand, a very successful weekend for me: 4h place in the Tour of Japan Tokyo Stage and 2nd place in Hitachi Naka.
I will never be able to beat these results.

:happy1:Medetai!(めでたい!) Omedeto!(おめでとうっ!!!):happy1:

Actually despite or because of a broken hand, a very successful weekend for me: 4h place in the Tour of Japan Tokyo Stage and 2nd place in Hitachi Naka.
I will never be able to beat these results.
well done! Might be a new strategy to employ next year. As mass hand breaking party?

Allsports pics are up

(Edit: Naomi pic found. Adding here to complete collection)

http://allsports.jp/event/00013352.html

Some excellent suffering shots. Did we mention it was wet?

Naomi:

Alan:

Travis:

Me doing dog impersonation:

Sorry Naomi, I looked for your pics but couldn't see any--think the photographer went for lunch during your first run... :mad:

Alan > Above at 11:50, another at 16:59
Travis > 15:29, 15:23

Congratulations on your podium finish team! I was competing with my cousin in the 3hr team endurance and finished 6th of 21. The other two finished 9th out of 21.

113094699.jpg

113094792.jpg

113094804.jpg

113094805.jpg

nynihonjin, nice pics & good job on the race.

Your 4th rider is in Blanche team kit, shop team of Taki Cycle in Sakura. Guess we must be neighbors?

Back
Top Bottom