What's new

Hitachinaka 6/27

Edogawakikkoman

Maximum Pace
Jan 14, 2007
http://www.jcrc-net.jp/

I won't be riding this one this year...

Last night I head that the usual long 5km oval course has been decommissioned??

And the race will be on the more technical course...anybody know more details about this?

If I do race this year it will be in Saiko...

Our club had a lot of success at Hitachi last year with placings in almost every race we entered... we hope to send a big contingent this year as well...
Very small possibility I may suit up for the enduro or a TTT but don't feel like racing much lately and especially if it's on the course I've never ridden on before...

Anybody else going?

The Tour du Japon site says the races will be on 中速周回2kmコース等 - whatever that means.

They may have decided that after all the horrible mass crashes last year, it was time to use a course that was better designed to pull apart the field.

I will definitely not participate, and in general will avoid any flat courses because they are just too dangerous with too many people being attracted by them who should not be on a race course. Hillier courses tend to keep them away, or the peleton loses them quickly.

The Tour du Japon site says the races will be on 中速周回2kmコース等 - whatever that means.

They may have decided that after all the horrible mass crashes last year, it was time to use a course that was better designed to pull apart the field.

I will definitely not participate, and in general will avoid any flat courses because they are just too dangerous with too many people being attracted by them who should not be on a race course. Hillier courses tend to keep them away, or the peleton loses them quickly.

what I heard was ...they are actually demolishing the 5km course...you'd need a heavy duty MTB to ride on it I think.... but won't believe it till I see it...

Can't say I enjoyed the oval much last year either, after just evading two of those pile-ups in the enduro. The 7 hour enduro was on the twisty inner roads and that was much more fun; not much climbing per se, but a couple of 180 degree turns and a few more twists that broke things up. If they're using those roads it might be a more interesting race...

Will be heading up on Saturday morning.
The site doesn`t have any info about hills. Its on the 4.2 km winding course which I`m assuming is fairly flat? Looks like a crash fest!
Can anyone who has been there before shed any light?

The site doesn`t have any info about hills. Its on the 4.2 km winding course which I`m assuming is fairly flat? Looks like a crash fest!

I was with 10 guys on Tuesday night who are racing... there is some debate about the climbing..

There could be a 6% hill there or they may be going around it. Nobody was sure. Best to get there early and do a few laps.

I'm going to watch and am going to take my bike and roller so I get some riding in as well. One of my team mates has pulled out of the B class. Tossing up whether to race under his name just to see how fast they'll be going... (I should be in the C one but don't want to race my first C on a course I've never seen before. ).

Good luck Keith. The biggest "climb" in the 7 hour enduro as about 200 meters long, probably about 6%. A power climb for sure and you don't lose a lot of speed, but definitely has you panting at the top.

The other "hill" was coming up from the underpass below the access road to the parking lot, but this one was barely noticeable.

Looks like the latter is definitely on the course map, but can't tell about the former. Possibly you might be going down it?

Many thanks for posting this.... interesting stuff and I'll be racing this weekend so some heads up about the course is good.

This will also be my first time racing it.

I was with 10 guys on Tuesday night who are racing... there is some debate about the climbing..

There could be a 6% hill there or they may be going around it. Nobody was sure. Best to get there early and do a few laps.

I'm going to watch and am going to take my bike and roller so I get some riding in as well. One of my team mates has pulled out of the B class. Tossing up whether to race under his name just to see how fast they'll be going... (I should be in the C one but don't want to race my first C on a course I've never seen before. ).
Thanks for the info. Won`t be able to get there early as practice is only in the AM. Jec and I are in the B race so why not join us?

Thanks for the info. Won`t be able to get there early as practice is only in the AM. Jec and I are in the B race so why not join us?

Were you there?
I took a lot of footage of the B race so will have a close look at it tomorrow...
My team mate ended up riding the race...

Zenbiker,

Real pleasure riding a few warm up laps on the track in the car park with you. How did it turn out for you in the end?

Were you there?
I took a lot of footage of the B race so will have a close look at it tomorrow...
My team mate ended up riding the race...

Did your team mate win? Unfortunately, I crashed on the final bend 300 meters away from the finish line landing on my face first, I was at 5th position at that time. It was very disappointing. :eek:uch:

Would be interesting to see your video.

JecJec81,

Really sorry to hear about that, the course was super slippery and at one point in the S-Class race we all pretty much ended in the verge on one of the hairpins due to a rider missing their line and allowed 2 riders to escape.

I hope the injury isn't bad and that you make a complete recovery soon!

I did a lot of work chasing break a way's and was constantly boxed in or chased down by a very strong team Milano who rode very well yesterday.

Came out of the last behind in perfect position to take third and was powering for the line, about 5 meters out I cramped up in both legs tried to push through it but both legs locked and all I could do was roll the last few meters while the peloton surged past me.

Bloody amazing racing though, lots of attacks, team work and chats while cruising along at 40+ kph.

Zenbiker,

Real pleasure riding a few warm up laps on the track in the car park with you. How did it turn out for you in the end?
The car park was a lot more fun than the race!
Got some road crap sprayed in my eye on lap 2 and managed to dislodge a contact lens with my clumsy finger to make it worse. After a couple of laps of very miserable, semi sighted, accident waiting to happen riding I called it a day.
Looking forward to a race in the dry...just one....please!:(

Thanks guys. Nothing serious at this moment aside from the wounds and painful bruises from falling.

Edogawakikkoman, congrats to your team. Do you have the video? I am curious if you actually have a video of the final lap from the final bend. I am pretty interested to see on how I fell down on that bend..

Back
Top Bottom