What's new

Hi to the TCC

knownone

Speeding Up
Aug 4, 2011
I have been reading the forums for a while but have just now realized that I should introduce myself, oops!

I am from West Coast Canada and have lived in various areas of Japan off and on for the last decade or so. I ride a Trek 2300 that, of course, has been mostly customized at this point. Although I have been in Tokyo for quite a while I have never really been able to get into the rhythm of riding here (traffic lights, traffic lights, traffic lights ;) )

This year I am really looking forward to getting out on the road and bringing my mileage up to a respectable level. Although I used to race and do long tours (200k+) I am just getting back into shape and I am definitely looking at novice/moderate rides now. I ride solo a lot but will be happy to head out on TCC rides this year to mix up my routine.

Hope to see you all on the roads this year!

Welcome to TCC!

The river routes (Arakawa, Tamagawa, etc) are excellent if you want to escape from the traffic lights a bit.

Welcome... I recently moved to Tokyo and also haven't yet found a training rhythm here with navigating the area.

I'm curious about your bike... Trek 2300, circa 1993??? If so, I remember that bike well as the top-tier Trek when they were introducing their first carbon bikes. Haven't seen one in years. Take care.

Back
Top Bottom