Hi there!!!

Valentin

Warming-Up
Nov 3, 2008
Tokyo
Hi, TCC Forumians!
My name is Valentin, I live in Kasai, Edogawa area.
I am new to cycling and currently looking for a friends to ride together :eek:
I know nothing about races, how to train, health etc.
Just curious if somebody can help me here...
For now I enjoy weekend Kasai-Kawaguchi rides on that cycling road under the C2 expressway to Tohoku road.
Any advices are appreciated.

TCCフォーラムの皆様、こんにちは!
私の名前はワレンティンです。江戸川区の葛西に住んでいます。
初心者なので一緒に走りたい友達を探しています。 :eek:
レース、練習方法、健康管理等については全く分からない状態です。
ここに助けてくれる人がいるかなあと思いました。
現在はC2高速道路の下にあるサイクリングロードで葛西→川口JCTの土日ライドを楽しんでいます。
 助言等は大歓迎です。よろしくお願いします。

Welcome!

If you live in Kasai, you probably live near the kyu-edogawa river--part of my commute. It's a good place to start. Go up to find the Edogawa that goes for ages, go down and see Disney Land across the river at night (or day, I suppose too, but not nearly as pretty).

enjoy!

Valentin

Warming-Up
Nov 3, 2008
Tokyo
Thanks for you replies!!

Really happy to get replies to my introduction post.
Thanks to everyone who responded.

Here are some questions for now:

1) I am looking for different cycling routes and routes around the city and outskirts. Maybe somebody has a scheme for Tokyo and suburbs cycling roads? Why not post it? Or maybe I haven't checked the website properly?

2) Do you meet sometimes for a ride together? When is the next ride to join?
(I don't mean race, I am a beginner :) ).

3) Where do you guys usually shop for bicyle stuff? (I need some winter things!!!). And wuuuf, in the places I know, stuff are so expensive :confused:

Thanks a lot in advance.

Valentin

in terms of routes you can check out bikely.com or on the official and non-official pages ever tour/run usually has a linking map.

to my knowledge (maybe nobody tells the girls these things though...) there are no "regular" rides and TCC doesn't have "beginner" rides. Some rides will be labeled as a "moderate pace" or you can ask where early bail out points are.

I get my ass kicked every time I'm out with TCC. Don't get me wrong, everyone has been really nice and I have a great time and am looking forward to my next ass kicking in Hotaka --but it's tough to keep up. (What's my fitness level, you ask? I commute about 50km a day RT to work... not super hot but not beginner.)

for beginner rides, I suggest www.halffastcycling.com they have maps on their site too.

have fun! if you see me on the rivers give me a wave. --yellow tires, white helmet, non-japanese chick.

Valentin

Warming-Up
Nov 3, 2008
Tokyo
Thank you very very much

Thanks for advices. I'll get in touch!
I surfed this page a lot and got a lot of useful information. (Links to various sites are very good).

On saturday I went to Makuhari-messe for bike exhibition, got some Japanese bicycle ride maps. Not good at all. Completely unusable. Guess I have to look it for myself or just start with http://www.halffastcycling.com/

If you see me on the road wave to me also.
Celeste-colour Bianchi bike , Blue helmet, non-japanese.

Thanks everybody...