Hi guys !

Hello :bike:
I'm looking for a cycling club to go on good rides from time to time. I ride a aluminum/carbon frame road bike, a Gios Aerolight for now (Tiagra gearset). I'm investing into a BMC SLR01 Team Machine soon. I use spd's.

I ride to comute, from Kichijoji to Azabu juban or Ueno.;)
I ride fast, I dont really respect all the rules and I yet didn't got an helmet :eek:

What else ? My name is Denis, i'm 28, French, from Marseille, I'm a Chef at Tokyo American Club, living in Japan for 5 years now.

Cheers !

joewein

Maximum Pace
Oct 25, 2011
Setagaya, Tokyo
joewein.net
Bienvenue chez TCC, Denis!

You will find group rides posted mostly towards the weekend in the "Unofficial Tours & Short Runs" section of the forum.

A helmet would be a good idea because accidents happen, even if we are careful.

JackTheCommuter

Maximum Pace
Apr 3, 2012
Tama Center <-> Otemachi
I second the bicycle helmet. I ended up with a smashed helmet after an incident with a taxi. The helmet ended up with a dent and deep cuts from a slide. At the very least, the helmet saved me from getting scalped.

And get something nice. The first helmet I used while saved me from being bald in weird spots made me look like a mushroom head! :eek: (current avatar features the mushroom helmet)

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Yokohama
What else ? My name is Denis, i'm 28, French, from Marseille, I'm a Chef at Tokyo American Club, living in Japan for 5 years now.

Cheers !
Hi Denis,

I spent some time in Aix years ago with the team - so if you rode in Marseille then you'll love Japan!

Let us know what days work best for you as there are a lot of weekend and midweek rides.

Also I know some serious riders at the TAC that I can put you in contact with as they live in the Azabu area so you'll be leaving from roughly the same locations.

Alan

Cruising
Apr 2, 2008
Nishihara
Droit Au But, or something like that. I ride in to TAC in the mornings sometimes but guess you may have a later schedule. I know one very strong cyclist with a pretty flexible schedule who lives in Kichijoji as well if you are looking for challenging rides.

Thanks Everybody to this warm welcome.

For the propositions to enter in contact with "serious" riders, the thing is, I have no clue how serious I am myself. I do around 50 to 70 kilometers everyday, The fastest way I can cause i'm always on tight schedule, part of that, I have no cycling experience such as touring or mountain climbing. I join you guys specially to get that experience.

I do those commuting distance for about 5 years now, so i consider myself more as a city rider, quite expert (only one crash in 5 years, due to ...ahum, alcoholic riding)

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Yokohama
When I say serious I mean that they ride on a regular basis and know an awful lot of routes - of course there are some very serious guys like one who did the RAAM last year.