What's new

Hi from Tokyo!

sean-e

Maximum Pace
Mar 4, 2019
Just wanted to say hello and thanks for the useful website!

My name's Sean and I'm moving from the US to start a new job in Tokyo on the last week of March. I'll be living near the Yukigaya-Otsuka station stop in Ota for starters.

Can only bring one bike with me on the plane :-( so it'll probably be the gravel bike first. Undecided whether to ship my current road bike or buy some new, disposable carbon when I get there.

I mainly like riding road or mild trails. Looking forward to exploring the area and possibly tagging along for any group rides! I went to Japan for bike touring a few years ago around Shikoku / Hiroshima and really enjoyed the country (although I still only speak a little Japanese... should probably work on that...). I've done a little road racing in the states (just a cat4 though), once I get settled in, I'd be interested if there any local crits or such in town.

Cheers!

Welcome @sean-e
I think you'll love cycling in Tokyo (well, the surrounding areas at least).
Don't know much about the crits, but there are some really amazing riders on this site (and trundlers like me), so I reckon you'll find some great group rides real soon.

I'll be living near the Yukigaya-Otsuka station
This is a good place to be as a cyclist. Loads of people on here seem to live out West near where you're moving. Better access to the mountains from there. Unfortunately I'm in the East and I have to ride for hours to get to a hill in any direction. I sometimes make it out across town though so maybe I'll see you. Welcome to the site!

Hi and welcome. I usually post a ride up on the TCC site the end of the week for a Sunday ride. I am in the US now but home over the weekend. Next ride March 31st.

Welcome to the site, Sean! Looks like you'll be nice and close to the Tamagawa for rides on the river and beyond...

Back
Top Bottom