What's new

Hi from London

chrisldn

Warming-Up
Jul 16, 2012
Hi everyone. I recently moved from London to Tokyo. Unfortunately I've managed to beat my bike here (its stuck on a ship somewhere, hopefully not hijacked). Got into cycling when I signed up for a triathlon a year ago.

As the people on the forum seem really helpful, I was wondering if anyone had any advice for where and what bike I should buy. I'm looking for a hybrid for commuting (hopefully with the ability to fit a rear pannier). Not fussy about new or second hand. Also not sure how much I need to spend for a decent hybrid?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Admitting you're a triathlete is one thing, asking for advice on a hybrid is taking it a little too far mate!

LOL – just joshin with ya….. Welcome to the forums. To be honest it all depends on your size, but really a lot of people have ordered from wiggle and had it shipped to Japan.

Hi from London!

oh wait.

Well, I'll be back in Tokyo soon enough..... welcome dude.

:bike:

Thanks for the welcome. I'm 175cm and ride a 52-54 road bike, so I'm hoping that it shouldn't be too hard to find that size in Tokyo? Otherwise I'll try Wiggle.

Standard advice is to go to Sports Authority (they usually have them on discount) and pick up something from Giant`s range of hybrids.

Back
Top Bottom