What's new

Hi from Kyushu

dastott

Maximum Pace
May 10, 2012
Hi. I have posted a little already but I haven't introduced myself. I am originally from the UK, where I raced in 10 and 25 mile time trials in the early 1990s, as well as the odd crit and road race. Just got back into recreational cycling in the last 18 months, and have recently bought a proper road bike with a view to competing in local hill climbs here in Fukuoka prefecture. I rarely make it up to Tokyo but if any members are heading to Kyushu let me know and we can ride together. I usually try and do 200-300 kms a week, including a few hills.

Welcome. Some of us have been to Kyushu in the past, watch the threads. I myself would like to ride the route Nagasaki - Aso National Park - Oita but never found the time. Must plan for this some day.

Hey, welcome to Fukuoka!! Please feel free to contact The Kyushu Cycling Club. We have regular weekend rides, and a few rides during the week. We also join some of the local races, hill climbs and century runs. In addition, we do a cycling trip once a month. This month we are doing a three day tour to Beppu in Oita Prefecture. (July 14-16) Next month we are heading to Nagasaki and Mt. Aso. You are more than welcome to join us. Tokyo Cycling Club members are also welcome to join.

Here is a link to our humble website. www.kyushucyclingclub.com

Popcorn at the ready for what is going to be an interesting thread...

Hey, I recently moved to Oita-ken so not too far from Fukuoka. I actually used to live there.. Possibly one of the best cities ever!!!

I currently only have a fixed gear bike over here as my commute is about 20 miles two days of the week. But I'm looking to buy a road bike as soon as I get the money!

Anyway, nice to know there's a fellow Brit cyclist in the area!

Welcome to Kyushu !
And always welcome for a ride around Izumi, 2 stops before Kagoshima on the shinkansen from Fukuoka. Really recommended in winter when thousands of cranes are hibernating here.

Back
Top Bottom