What's new

Hi from Ikebukuro!

tokyoscoop

Warming-Up
Apr 15, 2007
Hi,

I just signed up on this message board a couple of weeks ago. I was watching the Paris-Roubaix on TV while surfing around looking for cycle routes in Tokyo and I came across the club!

I've been in Japan for 12 years (originally from the UK) and used to cycle a lot there but hadn't done any in Japan until getting a bike late last year. For various reasons, especially the weather, I didn't bother taking it out during the winter but have been out the last few weekends.

First of all on circuits of the big block (7.5 km/circuit) and then last weekend along the Arakawa for about 30kms. Probably be out Saturday along the river and maybe Sunday or Monday too. I hope to join you all sometime soon. I have no bike bag so taking the thing on the train is a hassle (why on earth can't I just put it on there??!!)

Cheers!

Just about to Join you in Tokyo

Hi,

I am just finishing off the packing - fly out on the 4th. Hopefully my bike won't be too far behind as it is being air-freighted separately.

I was wondering how you managed with bikes on trains - the bike bag explains it. Guess I'll have to get a soft one my Polaris suitcase is a little on the large size -great for planes but not too handy for trains.

Hope to catch up with you during the summer.

Greg

Hi,

I have no bike bag so taking the thing on the train is a hassle (why on earth can't I just put it on there??!!)

Cheers!

know the feeling but they are there to protect other passengers clothes and bags from grease and other nasty stuff. you can always just use a big plastic bag. doesn't need to be a special bike bag although the bike bags do protect your bike more. enjoy the balmy weather this weekend and cheers

Hi,

I just signed up on this message board a couple of weeks ago. I was watching the Paris-Roubaix on TV while surfing around looking for cycle routes in Tokyo and I came across the club!

I've been in Japan for 12 years (originally from the UK) and used to cycle a lot there but hadn't done any in Japan until getting a bike late last year. For various reasons, especially the weather, I didn't bother taking it out during the winter but have been out the last few weekends.

First of all on circuits of the big block (7.5 km/circuit) and then last weekend along the Arakawa for about 30kms. Probably be out Saturday along the river and maybe Sunday or Monday too. I hope to join you all sometime soon. I have no bike bag so taking the thing on the train is a hassle (why on earth can't I just put it on there??!!)

Cheers!

Hi and Welcome to TCC!

We look forward to riding with you! Why not join us on the Tour de Westside?

Ash

Hi,

I am just finishing off the packing - fly out on the 4th. Hopefully my bike won't be too far behind as it is being air-freighted separately.

I was wondering how you managed with bikes on trains - the bike bag explains it. Guess I'll have to get a soft one my Polaris suitcase is a little on the large size -great for planes but not too handy for trains.

Hope to catch up with you during the summer.

Greg

Greg! Look forward to catching up with you too! I am sure you will enjoy riding in Japan!

Do join us on a tour (the tour de westside?) as soon as you are set up!

all the best

Ash

Back
Top Bottom