What's new

Hi from Arakawa

marc

Speeding Up
Jan 12, 2008
Hi everyone!

According to my profile, I posted once almost a year ago, but I don't remember it. Anyway, I thought I'd introduce myself.

I live in Minami Senju, next to the Sumida and just a short hop from the Arakawa. I've been riding casually for a couple of years, but I've started getting more serious recently. I now ride to work every day, but I find myself not wanting to get out of bed to ride on the weekends, so I'd like to find a group to ride with (preferably Sundays), so I have a reason to not sleep in.

I ride a road bike and have done a few centuries, plus a 200km ride with Audax Saitama this past January (that kicked my butt, but I feel ready to try it again). I'd like to start getting involved in more events and generally being more sociable when I ride.

Hope to meet some of you out on the road,

Marc

Welcome, Marc! I'm just about to ride my first 200km brevet this weekend, although in Chiba not Saitama.

Speaking personally, cycling with others--be it TCC rides, pay-to-ride cycling events, casual racing--has enabled me to get a lot more out of the sport than I would have otherwise. Still enjoy the solo rides as much as ever, but the group outings are the ones I really look forward to... So likewise, looking forward to meeting you on the road!

Thanks for the welcome!

I'll be on the lookout for rides and see if I can't join in some of them soon.

Back
Top Bottom