What's new

Hi Everyone

Paul Manson

Cruising
Feb 10, 2016
I'd like to say hello to folk on this site, my name is Paul and I'm from the UK (Scotland).

I moved to Tokyo last year, but only managed a single cycle along the Tama river unfortunately, I was spending any time away from the office, hiking in the mountains or just learning to survive in Tokyo!

I used to be a fairly keen cyclist back in Edinburgh and have been on a few trips to the European alps to (slowly) tackle some of the big cols. I also did a few Audax events and a bit of multi day fast touring including a 7 day LEJOG (lands end - John o Groats). I'm pretty keen to get back into road biking whilst in Japan, but am probably more interested in longer hilly routes (increasingly as my fitness returns) than faster / shorter rides or races.

Any advice on routes from Tokyo ~150-200km, that take in some hills and are clear during winter would be appreciated. I would ideally (on some occasions) like to avoid the train and bag situation, but that is probably optimistic.

Cheers
Paul

Hi Paul
Welcome. Do you have a GPS unit that you can either follow breadcrumb trails with or a map on it? It makes navigating around here much easier for a newbie. I have a few routes on my ridewithgps that don't have very high hills so they are passable in the winter. They are in the Tokigawa area though so not super convenient for someone living in the west of Tokyo. Let me know if you want a link to them.

Back
Top Bottom