What's new

hi boltonian u.k now in Tokyo (bay city)

benspenceley

Speeding Up
Aug 19, 2012
Hello

Just moved to Makhuiar with my girlfriend who teaching for a international school i on the other hand in definite need for employment but more importantly in need of a BIKE.

After completing the Bolton UK iron man triathlon 3 years ago iv been obsessed with biking was going to ship my specialized over but the bottom brake went a week before i emigrated GUTTED> :(

so if anyone can give me any ideas on bike shops and price over here it be much appreciated.

other wise look forward to getting to know everyone!

BEN

Hi Ben,
welcome to TCC. It's hard to provide advice if you are not specific about what you are looking for. Suggest to search for "buying bike" in this forum, you will get literally hundreds of results.
Most of the rides focus on the Western area of Kanto, but Tonegawa, Edogawa and especially the Boso peninsula provide nice and long rides, too. Follow the posts and you will definitely find something, the community here is great.
Rgds, Max

Finally got myself a bike just in time for the good weather.

Got myself a Specialized Roubaix Elite 2013, shimano 105 group set for 150,000 yen
not sure thats a good price? but i like the bike.

Been out on it this last week to work and back 30 mile round trip
but finding navigating rather dificult.

Using google maps on my iphone mounted to my hadle bars untill iv saved for the garmin edge 810

so just wondering if anyone knows of any good gps mapping apps that are good in Japan?

thanks

I use the Navitime bicycle version on the iPhone. It's all in Japanese but not too difficult to puzzle through. Upper left icon.
attachment.php

Turn by turn direction. Voice prompts.

thanks mate ill have a look for that. Does it matter that my itunes is a uk account? Do i search for nav time cycling?

see you have the motionx gps i used that back in england but doesnt seem to work other here.

Owen that's sounds perfect with

The weather forecast being highs of 22 as well.

Although Iv opted for the opposite and I'm

Off to nozawa skiing for the weekend

But will defiantly try to get involved in future

Rides if that's ok?

Probable need to ride myself fit first!

Yeah mate, whenever. Probably wise to catch the end of the skiing season.

Iuse the Navitime bicycle version on the iPhone. It's all in Japanese but not too difficult to puzzle through. Upper left icon.
attachment.php

Turn by turn direction. Voice prompts.

Jack couldn't find that navitime app think I need to change
My iTunes but then I run the risk of losing my other apps

Iv had a look around and found these so see how they do

Thanks for the help

Jack couldn't find that navitime app think I need to change
My iTunes but then I run the risk of losing my other apps

** disclaimer: This is my own personal experience. Your mileage may vary.

I've switched between US and Japan locale. Even after the switch, the apps you purchased outside of Japan continue to be available. However, they will no longer update if the app is not available in the current active locale.

I use Japan and UK stores and have no trouble. Update one batch then sign in to the other store and update the rest. No bother.

All you need is a Japanese credit card I think.

Back
Top Bottom