What's new

Hi All, from Tokyo

mpolukos

Warming-Up
Jan 28, 2007
Hi everyone...just came across your site last night. Just wondering if there are any people in the neighborhood where I ride.
I mostly ride along Tamagawa (weekdays and weekends), from around Setagaya-dori and usually ride to the Y's bike in Ota-ku (usually about a 30 km ride) After reading some posts on your speeds, I'm at the bottom...on a good day I can ride about 25-27 km/hr, but more often it's something like 24 and below.
I sometimes ride on weekdays along Arakawa, near Kawaguchi, as well. So if any of you are in the general area, and would like to go for a ride, please give me a shout. I look forward to learning some new riding tips and tricks.:)
Thanks everyone,
Michael

Hi everyone...just came across your site last night. Just wondering if there are any people in the neighborhood where I ride.
I mostly ride along Tamagawa (weekdays and weekends), from around Setagaya-dori and usually ride to the Y's bike in Ota-ku (usually about a 30 km ride) After reading some posts on your speeds, I'm at the bottom...on a good day I can ride about 25-27 km/hr, but more often it's something like 24 and below.
I sometimes ride on weekdays along Arakawa, near Kawaguchi, as well. So if any of you are in the general area, and would like to go for a ride, please give me a shout. I look forward to learning some new riding tips and tricks.:)
Thanks everyone,
Michael

hi Michael!

Nice to hear from you! Welcome to TCC:welcome:

Several members do the Arakawa ride and I have done the Tamagawa ride before too. I live in Nerima, so maybe not so far away?

Anyway, please watch the site for upcoming rides to places various and do come and join us!

best regards

Ash

The speeds you are doing are perfectly normal. You'll find you can add 4 or 5kms an hour to your normal average when you ride in a group...

I need to get down to those rivers someday... Edogawa looks like the back of my hand now...

:D

Hi Michael-san,

welcome to TCC!:welcome:

I run around Tamagawa, but very few times Tamagawa cycling path. It is too many bikes and people.:( I hope it will less crowded in the weekends.

Anyway I am looking forward to seeing you in the tours.

Thanks everyone!

:D Thank you for the warm welcome from everyone. Ash, I'll keep an eye out for future rides and might bring up the courage to come out for a group ride. Edogawa, thanks for your input...I look forward to raising my avg. speed a little. I have a friend that lives right around the kikkoman factory, so I might have to ride up there to see both of you. Sora, you are so right about too many people on Tamagawa cycling path. I went down yesterday because of some congestion while on Tamagawa. So now I'm looking after my sore muscles and bones, but will heal in no time...at least I hope. Thank god for the helmet, because I have a little bruised head after hitting the road...:angel:
Well, hope to meet some of you in the future.
Michael

Back
Top Bottom