What's new

Hi all! Former cyclist, current fatty, looking to get back into riding.

Agreed. I find the colors for their current line-up particularly bad. Even the range topper comes in a weird off-white. And the bland-green of the bread-and-butter model definitely looks worse in reality than on paper. (And I am not someone who doesn't care about the color as long as it is black.)

Yeah, I don't get the paint schemes on the CAAD13, SuperSix, or SystemSix AT ALL.

Might look fine on a gravel bike, but not on a high end racing bike.

Meanwhile I catch myself staring at my new Felt for dozens of seconds at a time.

Yeah, I don't get the paint schemes on the CAAD13, SuperSix, or SystemSix AT ALL.

Might look fine on a gravel bike, but not on a high end racing bike.
My first draft of my post contained a lot more colorful language …
The CAAD12 was my default recommendation for someone new to the sport. And the special edition with high-end components, a black frame and violet accents looked kinda cool in a UV Darth Vader-kinda way. But I can't recommend the CAAD13 in good conscience based on the color scheme alone. Even on a gravel bike. (Although I agree the color scheme would be more appropriate there, and Pinarello's Gravil bike (spelling?) sports a similarly questionable color.)

There is also an element of vanity involved. I would have bought a Strada Pro aeons ago if it came in red rather than blue. (The blue doesn't look bad, I just dig the red one and would end up thinking "Wish this were red." every time I saw the Strada Pro.) :)
Meanwhile I catch myself staring at my new Felt for dozens of seconds at a time.
This is how you know you made the right choice!

Back
Top Bottom