What's new

Help...Ostrich Bike Bag

Mike

Maximum Pace
Sep 24, 2007
OK so I'm a moron! I have a masters in Japanese and still cannot understand these instructions. I have the rinko where you take both wheels off, put the protector in the rear wheel drop and sit the bike on it's saddle. I have 2 questions.

1. The bike won't sit up, it keeps falling over coz the housing from the rear derailleur is touching the ground...how to stop this?

2. How the blooming heck do you attach the shoulder strap. This is driving me mad! Please help me!! Alan you have the same bag I think.....

This kinda drove me crazy for like 6mo until I actually read the directions. On my Ostrich here's what I do.

1) Open the bag and lay it out on the ground. You should see 2 reinforced patches that have imprint of 'seat' and 'rear'. I usually position mine so the 'seat' is on the left.

2) Put my bike upside down and remove wheels. Tip it up. Forkset will be 'up' at this point and the 'seat' on my left and 'rear' on the right.

3) Put the bike Seat onto the bag 'seat' patch then rotate the bike so the rear (dropouts) fit onto the 'rear' patch.Now you should have you bike sitting in the bag, basically with the forks pointing up.

4) Next position your wheels on either side of the frame. My bag doesn't have the wheel carrier - But I believe its roughly the same (If I remember by watching Mikio)

5) Pull the bag over the bike and wheels. If you are using the shoulder strap, It attaches inside around the frame there somewhere. I dont use it - I just ripped a hole in the bag so I can carry it by the saddle directly.

For sure Mikio has this same bag, I bet. Though, we don't have derailleurs to worry about, so the bike rests quite nicely in the upright position.

BTW - we have got the rinko thing down to a near 'mankini'. Actually all you really need is the barest of cloth to cover the 'naughty bits', then just strap the wheels to your backpack or messenger bag - or just carry them. So far no issues whatsover on most the JR trains.

GS, thanks for the advice dude, but that doesn't really answer my questions:confused: How does the bloody shoulder strap fit onto the bike? I've got 2 straps, the first small one seemd to go onto the chainstays and somehow attaches to the otehr strap which goes around the head tube? WTF????

TW - we have got the rinko thing down to a near 'mankini'. Actually all you really need is the barest of cloth to cover the 'naughty bits', then just strap the wheels to your backpack or messenger bag
:D I thought the bike mankini was the thing that some folks use with indoor trainers to protect their top tube from dripping sweat.

41bgkjiemllaa300.jpg

--HF Mike--

Back
Top Bottom