What's new

Help!!! MTB Trail!!!

trekboy

Warming-Up
Aug 30, 2011
I'm desperate! Are there any MTB trail here (Singletrack or any) aside from Duck Pond in Zushi area???

Sorry. Unfortunately there are no mountains in Japan, and hence no mountain bike trails.

Ask your local MTB shop.
FarEast knows about some but they are invite only
Northstar Lodge in Matsumoto has some as well as a host of other ski resorts but they all are focusing on snow this time of year!

Ask your local MTB shop.
FarEast knows about some but they are invite only
Northstar Lodge in Matsumoto has some as well as a host of other ski resorts but they all are focusing on snow this time of year!

Wow! Invites only! People mentioned to me that once before but I thought they were kidding. Thanks!

The reason why it is invite only is because many of the trails are on private land. Even a lot of the national forest parks here are actually the property of local families, which is one of the reasons why in Nagano you must ride with a guide, especially around Norikura.

There is a bit of reluctance from stores to invite new comers to the tracks and trails due to trail preservation, I found all my local trails by exploring and one day bumped in to some of the guys from the local Mtb store that had previously told me there were no local trails. When I asked them why they had obviously lied about the fact they explained that with the increase of riders there is a huge risk of us losing the remaining local trails, Kamakura used to have some amazing trials until they concreted over them and put stairs everywhere. Not due to bikers as such but a combination of trail users.

I get invited out to the Tama Recreation Centre to ride Mtb so next time I get an invite I will ask if I can bring others, however these rides are midweek rather than at the weekend.

My local rides are similar, actually we do not hold weekend rides deliberately to cut down on the amount of contact with have with the hikers and dog walkers, as the weekends can get pretty busy and the last thing you want to have to do is explain to the police how it was you ended up running over someone's miniature poodle or kid.

The reason why it is invite only is because many of the trails are on private land. Even a lot of the national forest parks here are actually the property of local families, which is one of the reasons why in Nagano you must ride with a guide, especially around Norikura.

There is a bit of reluctance from stores to invite new comers to the tracks and trails due to trail preservation, I found all my local trails by exploring and one day bumped in to some of the guys from the local Mtb store that had previously told me there were no local trails. When I asked them why they had obviously lied about the fact they explained that with the increase of riders there is a huge risk of us losing the remaining local trails, Kamakura used to have some amazing trials until they concreted over them and put stairs everywhere. Not due to bikers as such but a combination of trail users.

I get invited out to the Tama Recreation Centre to ride Mtb so next time I get an invite I will ask if I can bring others, however these rides are midweek rather than at the weekend.

My local rides are similar, actually we do not hold weekend rides deliberately to cut down on the amount of contact with have with the hikers and dog walkers, as the weekends can get pretty busy and the last thing you want to have to do is explain to the police how it was you ended up running over someone's miniature poodle or kid.

That's perfect! My military schedule only permits me to ride mostly on weekdays! Wow! This is really new to me. Back in the states, the land is FREE for everyone. People are inviting people to ride with them, unlike here... "invites" only! That sounds crazy to me. Oh well, I'm just a guest in this country, I have to respect the locals. Please do invite me next time you guys ride. I think I'm a COOL enough guy to hang out with. Thanks!

Riding home along the northern shore of Arakawa in the Urawa area (saitama) a few weeks back I saw a lot of muddied up MTB's some on top of cars. So there must be a few tracks in that parkland.

Yes there are a lot of trails available, up in Ome there are some good ones and also around Miyagase. But like I said a lot of them are on private land which is a issue.

Trekboy... if you are in the military then surely you can ride Tama Rec Centre anytime without invite!

Yes there are a lot of trails available, up in Ome there are some good ones and also around Miyagase. But like I said a lot of them are on private land which is a issue.

Trekboy... if you are in the military then surely you can ride Tama Rec Centre anytime without invite!

Wow! Didn't even realized that there's a Tama Rec Cen where you can ride! Never heard of it before! Is it on-base or off-base? Maybe I can ride my bike all the way to Yokota and check it out... how was the trail anyway?

Back
Top Bottom