What's new

Help Mike get a Growler home.....

IMG_0341.JPG

I am touched. This is so sweet. However, no growler* has remained full for more than five minutes in my presence, and I'm not planning to carry empty vessels around.

*I had never encountered this word in this context before. I assumed it meant a spectacularly unattractive member of the opposite sex**. What does that say about me?

** Thinking about it, "the opposite sex" isn't really a valid assumption these days. Should we say "target sex" instead, just to keep it pee-cee?

Oh well, I seem to have strayed a little. No harm done. Thanks for the Christmas present suggestion. I invite you all to donate spare shekels to charity*** instead. Or club together and get me one of those massage chairs that will do your quads like FarYeast's parents-in-law have. q.v. Facebook

***I would previously have specified Shine On! Kids as charity of preference, but right now I'm not so sure. They have made some very odd decisions recently.

Reactions: TOM
I had never encountered this word in this context before. I assumed it meant a spectacularly unattractive member of the opposite sex
Me too, until today. Suspect this may be a UK thing...after all no self-respecting Brit would bother uniquely naming a beer container that is smaller than 50 Gallons.

Having carried 7 bottles of wine cycling home in my Dean bags last weekend, PedalHappyDesign's wine holders also look good, ...but lack the capacity I need. Their Headset Spacer Bottle Openner on the other hand, will be on my Christmas list....

Last edited:
The convenient triangle in the rear drops of any Campy rig , or the pedals, will release the effervescent foam of brewskies. As for carrying - there is only one way. On your back and down your pants like any self deserving domestique! Perhaps I'll hold a 'master's class' in bottle carrying. As such, I doubt many (if any) of TCC brethren have engaged in this right of passage to compatriot activities. In fact , lets have an 'EVENT' , square off in teams and then see which team can carry the most <refreshment> over a given distance and time. And thus, transferring said <refreshment> to a designated rider (driver) who must consume in its entirety , then finish a sprint! Losing team buys the beer (of course).

The convenient triangle in the rear drops of any Campy rig , or the pedals, will release the effervescent foam of brewskies. As for carrying - there is only one way. On your back and down your pants like any self deserving domestique! Perhaps I'll hold a 'master's class' in bottle carrying. As such, I doubt many (if any) of TCC brethren have engaged in this right of passage to compatriot activities. In fact , lets have an 'EVENT' , square off in teams and then see which team can carry the most <refreshment> over a given distance and time. And thus, transferring said <refreshment> to a designated rider (driver) who must consume in its entirety , then finish a sprint! Losing team buys the beer (of course).

Its when you can open a beer bottle cap, while riding no handed on the stem quill that you know you've got handling skills.

@FE - you know thats easily accomplished by a swift SMACK on the cap. No direction disturbance required. But helps if you have cheap Orangina tin caps and Cinelli stems. (Hint) make sure your stem caps are alloy - carbon will just delaminate)

newmerch015-552x441.jpg

Wise cracker is an option some friends back home have used.

Another option...
Ahrens-Cycles-Wisecracker-seatpost-steerer-bottle-opener5-600x450.jpg

Back
Top Bottom