What's new

Help Help and advice

deepa

Warming-Up
May 19, 2015
Want some advice on buying a cycle. I am 5.3 tall and 86 kgs . Buying a cycle basically to be fit and to cycle around . Have done 20 -30 kms 5 times last month . Can cycle upto 40 with intervals in a day . and i am also new to tokyo , so not sure about the routes . Appreciate if someone throws some light on what kind of cycle to get and from where . and i am not looking for a expensive cycle . Thanks much .

Do you have a budget of 100,000 yen?
Do you have a budget of 200,000 yen?
etc.
What did you do those 20 - 30 km rides on?
Where do you live, i.e., where are you starting your rides from?
What other gear do you have already?

If you can get yourself to Roppongi Hills by 11.00 on a weekend morning you can join a Half-Fast beginners ride (30 km) and pick our brains on what to buy and what to avoid. There are so many factors that it's hard to conduct a full consultation by internet.

The best bike in the world is the one you actually ride.

I am looking for a cycle under 50,000 yen :) .
I live in a apartment where they rent out cycles. Its a 3 geared cycle . So ill take that out .
Live at kayabacho area . aride towards Odiba , then to palace , go around palace a couple rounds , and then nishi-kasai

I am looking for a cycle under 50,000 yen :)

Should be possible.

My main weekday bike cost under 50,000 yen, including delivery and a few replacement parts. It's thirty years old, it's in good enough condition, it's fun to ride, and no I'm not selling it.

If you can get yourself to Roppongi Hills by 11.00 on a weekend morning you can join a Half-Fast beginners ride (30 km) and pick our brains on what to buy and what to avoid.

Bring your helmet! (If you don't already have one, buy one.)

Will Try to make it Half-fast mike :). I have prior commitments on that day .

Will Try to make it Half-fast mike :). I have prior commitments on that day .
I didn't mention a specific day. :confused:

We ride pretty much every day of every weekend when the weather allows. You can sign up for the Half-Fast Cycling mailing list (link below) to find out exactly who is doing what, where and when.

Back
Top Bottom