Helmet light (rear)

jdd

jdd

Maximum Pace
Hardest Crash
Jul 26, 2008
Kanazawa
I've been looking for a helmet light, and am hoping for ideas & suggestions.

First, after drawing a blank at wiggle, I found this first one at chainreaction. It seems suitable, and tho it's discounted to ¥1756, since it's just a small light, I tried looking around for it here. (At both places I also tried searching helmet lamp/torch in addition to light.)
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...tm_medium=retargeting&utm_campaign=jp_dynamic

And yeah..., I found it on amazon, for ¥28,000...(like 1600% markup)! :eek:o_O

I've found some other lights, probably small enough, but only one specifically called a helmet light.

Only one view of this, not sure if it can be attached easily:

Ultimate cheapie:

This one actually for a helmet:

So, comments/suggestions?

Last edited:
Edogawakikkoman

Edogawakikkoman

Maximum Pace
Jan 14, 2007
Noda
japanichiban.com
I don't use a helmet light...but a cheap option for me is from the ¥100 shops. Get the red battery operated bicycle lights, 2 or 3.... put them in your back jersey pocket or the bottle mesh sections in your backpacks. They light up through the material...

George5

George5

Maximum Pace
Oct 16, 2014
one of these and one of these

gives you plenty of options.

theBlob

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
all I would recommend is a rechargeable battery. Saves the cost and annoyance of having to change batteries.

The other problem I had was the shape of the rubber grommet and getting it to sit correctly facing the right way. I ended up cutting my own rubber grommet so it would sit right.

jdd

jdd

Maximum Pace
Hardest Crash
Jul 26, 2008
Kanazawa
Okay, thanks. Later thinking was that a few of these are cheap enough that I'm probably over-thinking it. :glasses: