What's new

hello

steven wight

Warming-Up
Aug 15, 2012
I have been hovering around the site for a wee while now and would like to introduce myself I am the Scotsman who received the TCC Kit in record time! A nice bit of kit but no chance of showing it of just now winter here minus 6 yesterday on the way into work and minus 4 today.

I am due into Tokyo on the 30th of March and leaving on the 10th of April staying in the Nihonbashi area not too far from the imperial palace I appreciate there is a thread running on the hiring of road bikes but wonder if any one could point me in the right direction for a bike shop in Nihonbashi area which would do the trick.
It would be great to go on a road run with any of you guys during that time and I wonder if any are scheduled in advance for round about that date.I tried without success to find a shop on my last visit so here's hoping.
My experience is that I have to confess being a M.A.M.I.L. being in my early 50's been cycling for awhile on road bikes and go on group rides with my local club 50 to 60 miles ( with good cafe stop factored in !) riding in a bunch for us oldies about 20mph or so although I don't keep stats not too bad hill climber plenty of them in Scotland so hope if I get a chance to tag along it would not be too burdensome or too rude to hang onto someone's wheel at the back!

Good to hear from any of you who could assist.

Thanks

Steven

Hey Steven welcome to TCC. Give us some info on frame size e.t.c as there are members who have the odd spare bike that might be available for hire. Hope you enjoy your time here and remember to bring your shoes and pedals when you come.

and helmet!

I can make my bike available if the size works. it's a 55.5 i think. I'll be away exactly those dates on a last snowboarding Hurrah for this season.... would just have to find somebody to hold the bike for you to pick up/drop off.

I've nae troosers I left them in the boozers wae some guy called Donald it was quite windy that day!

Thanks for the welcome thanks for the offer of the bike my frame size is 56cm so may be a possibility am 5'11 in height Thanks for the offer from the Dude maybe able to fix something up my daughter lives in Chiba if that's anywhere within striking distance the frame size sounds about right it would be good if we could work something out thanks

if you think Paisley' got Burberry try visiting Greenock! We've at least got a decent football team and world famous pattern!

thanks again would be good to meet up in Tokyo.

I can make my bike available if the size works. it's a 55.5 i think. I'll be away exactly those dates on a last snowboarding Hurrah for this season.... would just have to find somebody to hold the bike for you to pick up/drop off.

If need be, I've got the space and I'm sort of centrally located.:D

What a magnificent gesture.
Good man.

Thanks to stulin and the dude if this pans out would be great thanks again to all for the welcome.

Well, with the big help of Stu, we managed to pull of this logistical stunt! Thanks to Steven for keeping the bike in one piece. :)

Sounds like the weather was a bit challenging, it's not always like that.... give us a shout if you head this way again.....

:)

Back
Top Bottom