What's new

Hello

Philip

Speeding Up
Feb 15, 2007
I was searching for information on cycling routes around Tokyo and found TCC. An impressive web site and membership. I was inspired by Thomas' (and others) rides around Okutama-ko in January. I followed the same route last Saturday (a great ride) and registered today :D

I started riding in 2006 in preparation for my first Triathlon (Sado B). My training was fairly limited as I focused on running - my original event, which I started 3 years ago after stopping smoking :eek: Since joining a jogging club I lost weight and discovered a life outside of the office. A friend suggested I try triathlon which I really enjoyed - especially the bike. This year I have entered triathlons in Miyakojima and probably IM Japan. Therefore I plan to ride each weekend leading up to the races. Okutama-ko was my first.

With so many experienced and dedicated cyclists here I know I can learn a lot and improve my cycling ability - hope to join you on a ride soon.

Cheers

Philip

Cheers Philip,

it's great to have you on board! :welcome:

We do look forward to seeing you on one of our tours, plenty of activities planned so far. Good luck on your triathlons!

Hi Phil,

I've signed up for IM japan. I generally do my long ride on a Sunday in the range of 5-7hrs.
I'm not available this weekend (skiing) but as of next Sunday if you want to join me you more then welcome.
The only drawback is that I leave pretty early as I like to be done and dusted before midday. Need to keep the missus happy. I'm usually on the road by about 5.00am and can be found around the Imperial palace by around 5:30am, from there I mix my rides up as to where I go. I don't mind if you join me for part of the way or the whole way. I've still got 3 more 3 week base phase cycles to go before I start ramping things up. For now training is all very low intensity stuff.

I usually do the first 3hrs at an easy pace, then I pick things up for the last 3 hrs with some interval work, BG work, strength work etc. I always treat myself to a sturbucks at the end of the ride :D

Your more then welcome to join in.

Paul

Thanks . . .

Hi Thomas & Fluro2au,

Thanks for being so welcoming.

Thomas I will introduce myself in person Saturday at Yokohama eki.

Fluro2au, sounds like you have your messo cycles down ;) My approach is somewhat more simplistic. If I can free up a Sunday I would be very happy to have the opportunity to talk to an experienced triathlete.

Cheers,

Philip

Back
Top Bottom