What's new

Hello to everybody!!!

silvershadow

Warming-Up
Jul 21, 2013
Hello to everyone on the forum,

I'm new in here and just registered since i will be in Tokyo the forthcoming August
Thanks in advance for all the help you will be able to provide me organizing my cycling experience over there :)

Silver

Greetings and salutations.

Welcome. Hope you are prepared for the summer heat. You'll be arriving around the hottest time of year.

Hello Leicaman :) ,

Here is 36 to 38°C at the minute during the day, 26-28°C at night.
What about Tokyo?

Do i need to expect something even hotter?
Another question so that i start to prepare myself :D: Humidity levels? Thailand style or a bit less?

Hello Sheep,

thanks for your reply.
Well if the percieved heat is so high than i'm starting to worry :eek::eek:

Ps
I'm in Europe at the minute

Hello Sheep,

thanks for your reply.
Well if the percieved heat is so high than i'm starting to worry :eek::eek:

Ps
I'm in Europe at the minute
Don't worry, you'll get used to it!

... Actually you probably won't, but the heat is outweighed by the benefits, so don't worry! :)

What about Tokyo?

It's when the temperature doesn't drop much below 30 C at night that it gets tough. The average difference between daily highs and nightly lows in August in central Tokyo is less than 7 C, so when it gets as hot as 35C and more the nights become uncomfortable too. It's not just the natural heat of the summer, it's also the energy consumption of 13 million other people around you (including their air conditioners and cars), plus the tall buildings that block the wind, allowing the hot air to build up over the asphalt everywhere.

It's an amazing feeling to climb Mt Fuji in August, when Tokyo is sizzling with heat and you, only a few hours away by bus, are walking in cool air outdoors, cooler even than an air conditioned Tokyo bank (the more formal the business, the cooler the A/C is set). Going from Tokyo at daytime to the top at night time is like going from Hong Kong in summer to Tokyo on a cold February morning.

Hello Leicaman :) ,

What about Tokyo?

Do i need to expect something even hotter?
Another question so that i start to prepare myself :D: Humidity levels? Thailand style or a bit less?
Hey Silver
Like Joe said, the temp doesn't really drop much at night. My bedroom is around 33c at night during August. I'm guessing if you are in Europe, you won't be getting the humidity that we get here. What country are you in currently? I'm guessing you will handle the transition fine. If you were coming from England, Scotland or Scandanavia then you might struggle more.

Hello Leicaman,

i'm used to south italian climate, so hot and humid, but certainly not as much as i hear you are getting over there...:eek:

Back
Top Bottom