What's new
  • Dear valued Members,

we kindly ask you to post/repost your classified ads to our new Classifieds section. This subforum is now in read-only status. If you still have active ads, repost them to the new Classified section.

Please submit multiple items seperately: one entry for each item you'd like to post.

Thank you!

Wanted hello there im looking for a hardcase travel bike box

wendy

Speeding Up
Feb 22, 2014
hello there tcc im looking for a hardcase for a roadbike..im planning to travel with my bike..hope you can help me out..maybe the cheapest ahehe..or any recommendations thanks guys

There are a couple or at least one floating around for rental/ borrowing.

Check the classifieds

wow that would be great...im flying to singapore by end of june...and badly want a hard case...if someone offers to rent or borrow it its a lucky day for me...ill be only needing it for 3-4 days..as i have work here in japan...pls if someone can help me out thanks

Search the Classifieds using the search function.

Hi there, I travel a lot with my bike. First of all, get a hard case. There are a number of models that are soft or semi soft but you end up damaging the bike and they are not much lighter than a hard case. Check with your airline before traveling, some require you to pre register to allow you to check the bike in. Also, some airlines charge extra no matter what your baggage allowance is, typically 100 euro or usd.

I can offer to sell you a second hand case like to one in the attached picture for 25000 yen. That is about half price of new.

Regards
Lars
image.jpg

Hey, this same-old same-old question is getting old. When is the wiki function here going to be up and running?

So, when is the wiki function going to be working? It would really help--inquiries like this could be directed there.

Hey, this same-old same-old question is getting old. When is the wiki function here going to be up and running?

there are some hard case that wheelset are separate..how can i search it if i dont know the model/maker of the item?

If you want to get into a ruck about this, which I will win, feel free to start another thread, so I don't have to approve every single comment.

Wendy,

There have been extensive and valuable posts on how to safely pack a bike for airline travel that don't involve a hard case. You need a little bit of mechanical knowledge, and have to do the prep/packing yourself.

But, as Owen/Tcc says I'm probably several sheets to the wind, so I am a totally unreliable source of info here, and you should be listening to other people.

;)

i know that there are some post about it..but i want to be free from stress..to think what will happen when something you dont want to happen on you lovely bike..
i just want to take good care of my bike..

Wendy,

Search around, use different terms, it's not all in one place. Here's a packing example:

https://tokyocycle.com/bbs/threads/bike-packing-continued.5279/

Even I, luddite that I am, am having trouble tracking down threads that talk about prepping a bike like that for travel.

And there was just one the other day that did it so nicely.

So, when is the wiki function here going to become functional?

Wendy,

Search around, use different terms, it's not all in one place. Here's a packing example:

https://tokyocycle.com/bbs/threads/bike-packing-continued.5279/

Even I, luddite that I am, am having trouble tracking down threads that talk about prepping a bike like that for travel.

And there was just one the other day that did it so nicely.

So, when is the wiki function here going to become functional?

yes i saw this thread..but i really want a hardcase..less work i think?..i dont need to wrap it everytime i travel..
ive tried a packing before..i also bought a bubbles to wrap around the frame & everything..and i ended up wanting a hardcase..thanks for this thread.

there are some hard case that wheelset are separate..how can i search it if i dont know the model/maker of the item?

Thats the same box I have. To answer your questions, yes the wheels are inside, it comes with padded wheel bags. As for dimensions, they are
External dimensions: 1150 (base), 850 (top) x 870 x 295mm
Internal dimensions: 1080 (base) 780 (top) x 800 x 250mm
Weight: 9.9kg
this is the page for it on Wiggle UK http://www.wiggle.co.uk/b-w-bike-box/ With a 57cm Look frame, tools, shoes & helmet in it just, JUST scrapes under the 23kg weight limit for the airline I use.

Hi Wendy, did you get sorted out?

If you're comfortable renting/borrowing, I've got the Thule 699 case which you're welcome to use.

Hello Wendy,

I have a hard case you can have for 5000 Yen. My wife has used it twice, so it's in good condition. PM if you're interested.

Cheers,

Pete

Back
Top Bottom