What's new

Hello hello (Gran Fondo or Audax)

ArakawaCAAD

Cruising
Mar 5, 2019
Hello,
I have been cycling in Tokyo for the past year or so, but only recently decided to take it more seriously.
I usually do one or two long rides on the weekend and then a shorter ride during weekdays.
I recently tried to apply to the Niseko Gran Fondo race, but to my surprise the registration has already been closed and now I am in the waiting list. I was wondering if you know any other similar races or events.
I have heard somewhere that there is an active Audax community in Japan. Is any of you partecipating to those events?

I hope to see you on the road ;)

Best,
ArakawaCAAD

Thank you! I just read the post. Lot's of useful information!
Does the TCC also organizes group rides in preparation of Fondos or Audax events. If so, I would like to join!

Does the TCC also organizes group rides in preparation of Fondos or Audax events. If so, I would like to join!

I'm not sure. There are group rides for sure, which members post on the board when they're planned, but I haven't seen any specifically for Fondos or Audax events. I guess @joewein is your man to ask, or @Gok , who also seems interested in pursuing that type of ride.
Let me know how you go, as I'd really love to try something like a fondo or audax, too.

I'm not sure. There are group rides for sure, which members post on the board when they're planned, but I haven't seen any specifically for Fondos or Audax events. I guess @joewein is your man to ask, or @Gok , who also seems interested in pursuing that type of ride.
Let me know how you go, as I'd really love to try something like a fondo or audax, too.
Great, thank you for putting me in touch with them!

There is the Gran Fondo Tanzawa happening in April, entry open until the end of March (or when it gets full).
Looks like an interesting course. Even follows the nicest part of the Olympic Road Race course (Doshi Michi).
http://yabitsutanzawa.com/

Thank you for sharing this info. The Tanazawa Yabitsu Fondo seems interesting. If I may ask, are you planning to do it?
I am a bit worried I won't be able to stay within the time limits if the race is too competitive.

@ArakawaCAAD
The event is not competitive at all as far as I can see. The time limit seems to be 12 hours, which is very generous for a course of 143 km. Certainly enough time to stop and enjoy the scenery and local cuisine along the way!
I'll be at a race in Fukushima that weekend.

Back
Top Bottom