What's new

Hello from the Ome Area

kruucks

Maximum Pace
Feb 3, 2019
Road/Gravel cyclist in the Ome area looking for weekend ride groups. Hopefully I'll catch one of these "Ride" posts before they happen so I can tag along. If there are any regular weekend meet ups, I'm happy to ride out or take the train to meet new folks.

Welcome to TCC. Do you have any good gravel routes in the OME area? You can always post up a ride here to get folks to meet.

Welcome and there are plenty of road rides heading out your way. That Klein Quantum is one the best production alloy road bikes ever made. Classic colors as well.

Welcome to TCC. Do you have any good gravel routes in the OME area? You can always post up a ride here to get folks to meet.

I'm relatively new to the gravel scene and rely on one of my buddies out here for finding new route options. He's also into MTB, so some of the routes we ride end up feeling like I need something wider than 40s :warau:

Also, a lot of the mountain roads are still washed out from the storms over the summer, so we've been taking our gravel rigs out on what used to be regular road rides.

I live fairly close to Hanno if you fancy a ride out there sometime. No gravel for me, though - no bike for it😢

I live in Hino and head out for an occasional spin on my gravel bike on Sunday mornings. I'd be happy to meet up sometime for a ride in the area. I'm just starting to explore gravel routes, so I don't have much in the way of route knowledge, but there are a couple of spots I'd like to check out.

I live in Hino and head out for an occasional spin on my gravel bike on Sunday mornings. I'd be happy to meet up sometime for a ride in the area. I'm just starting to explore gravel routes, so I don't have much in the way of route knowledge, but there are a couple of spots I'd like to check out.
I'm always down to explore! What's the worst that can happen? Get lost and have to ride more? 🤣

The stable has expanded a bit and I thought I'd share.

First fixed gear bike! Almost like learning to ride a bike again. Picked it up from a buddy who was clearing out some space. I threw on a couple items from the parts bin and one or two new components. Might play around with different handlebars as I'm not sure that I'll ever get used to the 35cm wide track drops.

Frph8ae.jpg

First carbon frame! Transferred pretty much everything over from the Klein, plus a few new goodies. The Klein frame is currently awaiting some replacement parts before I put an old 10-speed drivetrain on it. Really torn on whether I should sell it as I don't see myself riding it over the new (to me) Canyon. In an ideal world, I'd just hang the frame up on a wall as art, but the wife does not share my taste in decor.

19c5qtr8ufx41.jpg

edit: typo

Last edited:
The stable has expanded a bit and I thought I'd share.

First fixed gear bike! Almost like learning to ride a bike again. Picked it up from a buddy who was clearing out some space. I threw on a couple items from the parts bin and one or two new components. Might play around with different handlebars as I'm not sure that I'll ever get used to the 35cm wide track drops.

View attachment 20233

First carbon frame! Transferred pretty much everything over from the Klein, plus a few new goodies. The Klein frame is currently awaiting some replacement parts before I put an old 10-speed drivetrain on it. Really torn on weather I should sell it as I don't see myself riding it over the new (to me) Canyon. In an ideal world, I'd just hang the frame up on a wall as art, but the wife does not share my taste in decor.

View attachment 20234
Nice Canyon. Did you buy it from Nobby?

I'd love to ride out that way more, it's a bit of a hike out there for me unless I take a train to Hanno and ride over the hill from there.

I might just head out there today. Part of me wants to, the little voice in my head is also telling me "this will hurt". I've gone soft over the last few months without outdoor rides.
I'm busy this week, but weekends and maybe next week I could be convinced to come out for a ride.

Back
Top Bottom