What's new

Hello from Suginami

factorzero

Maximum Pace
Oct 10, 2020
Hi my name is Corey and I'm from the US. I've been in Tokyo for over 10 years and have been riding a hybrid for the past few years but recently switched to a road bike. I enjoy relatively quick paced rides to build my fitness but I'm not training seriously for anything in particular and my main motivation for riding is cafe rides. I like riding out in the hills like but enjoy city rides too. Let me know if you have any good cafe recommendations. I haven't explored Saitama much but I'm hoping to find nice routes in that area. 4B826396-3542-4886-8D64-2C6926274A85.jpeg1637C4C0-4E08-4B11-931B-C42FB6F539B8.jpeg

I'm also in Suginami with a road bike - I'm thinking of doing a chill ride down 多摩湖自転車通り to visit Lake Tama, chill out and ride back - interested?

Definitely. I've ridden out that way a few times. The ride around Tama / Sayama lake is nice.

Sweet bike.
I guess the lock in the second picture isn't your only measure to ensure that you're able to take it around Tama lake with @Omar and many rides thereafter.

Thanks. I normally store it inside when at home or somewhere I can see it while in a cafe.
@Omar let me know!

If the weathers good I can do next Sunday (18th), maybe leave around 10 from kichijoji and take our time?

Cool, I'll message this thread end of week and if things are looking good lets do it! Anyone else interested, feel free to join. cc fellow Suginami no hito @Justin @kurogoma

One of my favourite coffee / cake places is Cafe Kranz on the east side of Kitasakado station. Not your typical cyclist's stop, more like a Viennese "Konditorei" transplanted into the boonies of Saitama (Austria has some of the oldest coffee culture in Europe, along with Venice). You can't go wrong with their cakes and the coffee is very good too!

Sakado is close to Ogose and the Greenline (i.e. to great mountain rides in Saitama), so if you happen to pass there during opening hours, give it a try!

Thanks for the recommendations! I looked up cafe kranz on google maps and I looks like it's not open anymore.

Tomorrow is looking like scattered showers all day - maybe reschedule?

I don't think it will rain in the morning according to the forecast but rescheduling is fine too

Back
Top Bottom