What's new

Hello from Singapore

qsxwdc

Cruising
Jan 19, 2016
Hi everyone!

I have just arrived from Singapore to Tokyo this morning and will be staying here until February 2017.

The primary reason for this trip is to attend university as an exchange student but the real reason is of course to cycle! I have brought along my road bike and will be looking forward to join you guys on a ride soon.

My accommodation is in Yokohama, I wonder will anyone be in the vicinity?

Welcome! You aren't in my neighborhood but there are some that ride from near there I believe.

Hi.

From Yokohoma you can get to Miura peninsula pretty easily, which has good roads even in winter. If you're in north Yokohama check out the Tamagawa cycling path. Otherwise you can make it to Atsugi from where you can ride in the mountains. If you're at a university, check if they have a cycling team. I know Keio in Hiyoshi, Yokohama has one at least.

Hi there and welcome. I don't live anywhere near you but as others have said, there will be other people who live close by. How would you rate yourself as a cyclist? What kinds of rides and distances do you usually do on your usual rides?

Hi.

From Yokohoma you can get to Miura peninsula pretty easily, which has good roads even in winter. If you're in north Yokohama check out the Tamagawa cycling path. Otherwise you can make it to Atsugi from where you can ride in the mountains. If you're at a university, check if they have a cycling team. I know Keio in Hiyoshi, Yokohama has one at least.

Wow thanks for the list! You don't know how incredibly helpful this is. I'm at Tsunashima and Tamagawa is literally a stone's throw away. I plan to check it out as soon as I have my bike set up. Awesome, I will be at Keio for the fall/winter and am looking forward to join in on some of the team's activities.

Hi there and welcome. I don't live anywhere near you but as others have said, there will be other people who live close by. How would you rate yourself as a cyclist? What kinds of rides and distances do you usually do on your usual rides?

Nice to meet you. I am reasonably fit but not am in no way competitive. What's with Singapore being relatively flat and tiny, there isn't much climbing going on (considering the highest point on the island peaks at 166m). I usually do 2-4 hours a week, 70km give or take some each ride with the occasional round island (~100km).

My plan is to start slow and check out some of the nearby climbs this weekends that I can turn back from if it gets too much. Am also looking out for a rinko bag to be had before I can join in on some of the longer rides.

Hi there, I also just arrived in the area and am near Hiyoshi. I would be happy to check out some of the riding with you. I will be a bit busy next week, but plan to start riding a bit more the week after.

On a related note, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a fitter around this area (Southern Tokyo, Kawasaki or Yokohama would probably all work for me). I don't have a bike bag yet, but should be able to ride to those locations easily enough. Appreciate any help you might offer.

Back
Top Bottom