What's new

Hello from Sangenjaya

seth.kroschel

Warming-Up
Mar 1, 2014
By way of Okinawa and the great state of Minnesota.

I'm Seth. I moved up here last summer. I road with Team Kids in Okinawa. I did some racing (Tour de Okinawa) but mostly enjoy getting out and training. Long rides and climbs. I'd love to find a group that trains on weekends. Some morning rides in the 100-200km range would be ideal.

I also have a commuter I'm rebuilding. I had it shipped out over the winter. I need some wheels.

Great to find some like-minded cyclists here.

Thanks,
Seth

Alright Seth.

Loads of rides starting soon. For your level, look out for rides with Pete (@Yamabushi), and also some monster hammer sessions where a few of the braver challengers try to keep up with @Mlac Peek

Wheels; I will happily bore you for hours and try to get you build some Tune / Extralite beauties if you want.

Excellent. Thank you. I'm in no shape for hammer sessions right now, but maybe in a couple months. Anything to stretch the legs will be great.

Hi Seth,

I'm injured at the moment but live fairly close to you (Umegaoka 梅ヶ丘) and tend to be a regular on the above-mentioned Pete's rides. I should be able to show you a decent route to the starting point.

If you're up for some morning training I also do quite a bit of that (when not injured).

oh crap

Will our Lord Saviller rise again?
CVsp5QR.jpg

Hi Seth, welcome!

I might be wrong - but I remember Meeting guy from Okinawa last summer while heading up Tomin.. Was that you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Team Kids, to the best of my knowledge, has no website. They do keep a small blog for weather updates and letting us know if rides are canceled. That's about it. It's a pretty small shop in Naha, but I was told by my coworkers that they had the most organized and dedicated group of riders.

And I'm sure it wasn't me heading up Tomin. I didn't do any riding outside of Okinawa while I was there. If any of you get a chance to go down there, though, I strongly recommend touring the northern and far southern parts of the island. It's gorgeous.

Please let me know when spring rides may commence. I'm looking forward to riding with a group again. Cheers.

You aren't the only one from Minnesota. I grew up in Eagan. Welcome to the club. Lots of banter going on here, but its backed up by good people. Looking forward to your contributions. The photo in the background of this flier is of Mt. Norikura, IMO, the crown Jewel of mountains on Honshu island. It features the highest road passable by bicycle in Japan. I hope you brought your climbing cassette. I will create events like this throughout the year. If your interested in joining the mailer just PM your email, or stay tuned here. The next event is between mid May and mid June after the rainy season. I bet your glad ta be out of dem typhoons, Aye;)
Chuck

EVENTFLYER_zps7f0395cf.png

Back
Top Bottom