What's new

Hello from Ofuna

locke

Cruising
Aug 18, 2014
Evening,

Nice to meet you all and greetings from Ofuna, Kamakura. Been in Japan since 2010 and just moved to Ofuna last April. Just recently got into road cycling and as typical newbie, my fitness level is still so-so, yet, I immediately fell in love with climbing. So if anyone planning to ride up to the mountain pass (yabitsu perhaps?)..or hilly ride around kamakura, just give me a call, would be great to ride together and Oh..I have day job on weekdays, so I usually ride on weekend and holidays. Again, it's great to be here !!!!

Welcome to the forum! If you plan a ride on a particular day, just post it to the forum ("unofficial rides" subsection), someone unexpected might actually be joining you.

Join the TCC club on Strava if you haven't done so yet!
Great fun in and of itself, will give you a good idea of some of the more popular hills and routes nearby, and give others a good idea of what sort of level you are.

And, as @thomas says, be proactive in inviting others to your rides and posting that you'd like to join the proposed rides of others..!

@thomas and @Sibreen Thanks for the advice ! I've joined the club
@bloaker Yap..there are quite some hilly ride around me and thanks for pointing out the segment. Out of those you've shown, I've only done the monorail hill climb, I'll be sure to check the others. (ps: The kataseyama one looks fun)

@locke I can show you the way to Yabitsu or Ashigara sometime if you like climbing. I am in Fujisawa. However I mostly peddle weekdays. There is also a small river route out of Fujisawa that keeps you out of heavy traffic.

@Tanki Hi there! Wow fujisawa.. So close. Really really love to ride with you (don't know if I can keep up with your pace though). But yeah, I mostly ride on weekend so If you have time on weekends, will be great to plan a ride.
Anyway I finally went to yabitsu last week, it was my first time and I took the south climb... Boy oh boy, was I weak.. Need to train more, really love the climb though

Evening,

Nice to meet you all and greetings from Ofuna, Kamakura. Been in Japan since 2010 and just moved to Ofuna last April. Just recently got into road cycling and as typical newbie, my fitness level is still so-so, yet, I immediately fell in love with climbing. So if anyone planning to ride up to the mountain pass (yabitsu perhaps?)..or hilly ride around kamakura, just give me a call, would be great to ride together and Oh..I have day job on weekdays, so I usually ride on weekend and holidays. Again, it's great to be here !!!!
Hello there,
I'm in Ofuna too and do the monorail plus east to Misaki or west to Hakone & Yabitsu, let me know if you can do any weekday riding.

Hello there,
I'm in Ofuna too and do the monorail plus east to Misaki or west to Hakone & Yabitsu, let me know if you can do any weekday riding.
Wow..everyone near me ride on weekdays..haha
Anyway, sure, I would love to ride together if somehow I have time off on weekdays

@Tanki Hi there! Wow fujisawa.. So close. Really really love to ride with you (don't know if I can keep up with your pace though). But yeah, I mostly ride on weekend so If you have time on weekends, will be great to plan a ride.
Anyway I finally went to yabitsu last week, it was my first time and I took the south climb... Boy oh boy, was I weak.. Need to train more, really love the climb though
@locke Don't worry about the pace, I am a middle-aged occasional recreational cyclist these days. Not sure about weekends though. Usually rugby training or games for me. If I have a match on a Saturday I may think about a Sunday spin. In which case I will send you a PM beforehand.

I roll out early on Saturdays. I leave Zushi near 5:30am and meet a couple more in Yokosuka at 6:00am.
Lately we have been doing Miura Loops - between 55-95kms.
If interested, let me know and we can work out a spot to meet prior to meeting the others in Yokosuka.

I roll out early on Saturdays. I leave Zushi near 5:30am and meet a couple more in Yokosuka at 6:00am.
Lately we have been doing Miura Loops - between 55-95kms.
If interested, let me know and we can work out a spot to meet prior to meeting the others in Yokosuka.
Owh man.. Sorry, I was late seeing this..
But seriously, you went to zushi at 05.30? I doubt I could join either if I was aware though.
Woke up really late (again) today... With the vuelta still going on, I have and will miss some morning ride at least until monday.
Anyhow.. Would love to join you next time, I went to miura couple weeks ago with halffast guys, beautiful route, definitely plan to do the route more often but for now, I plan to add more times in yabitsu south climb.

@locke Don't worry about the pace, I am a middle-aged occasional recreational cyclist these days. Not sure about weekends though. Usually rugby training or games for me. If I have a match on a Saturday I may think about a Sunday spin. In which case I will send you a PM beforehand.
Sure!! Feel free to contact me.

I know it is early, but I have a 2 month old at home and the guys I ride with have to work by 10, so early start is the only way for us.

Today's Route -

Back
Top Bottom