What's new

Hello from Nerima-ku

bawbag

Maximum Pace
Mar 20, 2013
Evening all, new guy here.

Been in Japan a few years, but it's not since the last couple that I've been into cycling. Actually, three years ago you couldn't have stuck me on a bike at gunpoint unless it was a mama-chari and my destination was the local supermarket.

Now I ride to work in Bunkyo-ku five days a week (20km each way) and love every minute of it.

I've got an elegant old steel-frame Nishiki road bike which hasn't let me down yet, although I'd love to get into maintenance more in the near future - I've yet to regrease the bearings in my hubs and bottom bracket, but I managed to true my wheels pretty well courtesy of an adjustable Ikea spanner, beer, and some Youtube tutorials. Beer was the key, I'm sure.

I'm hoping to do some touring / century rides that aren't so terribly solo in the near future. My first century was done back in October, heading down from Nerima to Enoshima, then going round through Kamakura and Yokohama back up home.

Time to get back to making toe clip leathers.

Cheerio

Welcome Bawbag!

Thanks a lot!

I've been lurking on this site a while but thought it was high time I actually signed up. I've been trying to find good routes and this site is truly an amazing resource. I hope I can contribute in some way.

LOL@'bawbag'. You fae Glesga?

Ha ha, nah. Or 'naw' I guess.
One of my best friends hails from one of the crappier parts of East Kilbride. He (affectionately?) calls me a bawbag every chance he gets, hence the moniker. :D

Back
Top Bottom