What's new

Hello from Nagoya

bigbadbradzo

Cruising
Apr 24, 2014
Good evening. I moved to Japan at the end of last year. I live in Nagoya now, but I'm struggling to make some solid links. I've met people that ride, but very intermittently. If anyone rides in the wider Chubu area (Aichi, Gifu, Mie particularly) please let me know. I am in to road cycling, and I cycled at club level before the move. I'm currently riding single speed. It's just enough to keep a good speed on the flats and get up mountains. After the rainy season I will be purchasing my first road bike in Japan. I never raced, but last month I entered an enduro event through Bike Navi, and I also found myself in an alleycat race here in Nagoya. Racing is something I want to break in to here, but for now I'm looking for riding buddies. Cheers!

Also, any tips on routes would be great.

Last edited:
Welcome! I was just riding through Nagoya tonight.

I'm 45km from Nagoya Stn, in Toki city, Gifu. There's some fine riding to be had out here.

I look forward to riding with you.

Ah, up past Tajimi? I've been told to ride along route 19 and get out that way. I'm currently off the bike for a couple of weeks with a fractured skull, but I'd love to meet up and find some new routes. Shall we meet?

Hi!

In Nagoya I recommend the bike shop "Circles". Great guys, who regularly organize all kind of different rides. Partly listed on their hp http://circles-jp.com/#box_calender but afaik they do something every weekend, so better ask in person.

Once you got your road, you could contact with @Fumiki, a fellow TCCr, who lives/rides in the area.

Route 19 has a lot of trucks on it, day and night. But actually that's good, because that, and the Chuo toll road, keeps virtually all traffic off of the minor roads along the Shounai river. Those roads will take you out past my place without a single climb, and very few cars. On top of that, you are right on the river the whole way. Perfect for a single speed I'd say. Maximum gradient is 5% for about 200meters, just leaving Tajimi. Other than that, max would be 2% according to my Garmin.

Fumiki and I often get together for rides out this way. He lives near Toyota Stn. Tim Kendall is between us, somewhere in Seto.

I'm actually injured myself (my right wrist). Just getting back into it. We should all be ready to roll in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom