Hello from Kichijoji - route to Yokohama

IanG

Warming-Up
Jun 11, 2011
Kichijoji Tokyo
Hello - I live in Kichijoji, ride around Tokyo quite a lot and recently joined the TCC.

I am looking for advice on a nice route to get to Yokohama. I am good as far as Tamagawa but south of that I really don't have much of a clue. I don't mind some hills if that is the most relaxing car-free way.

Also interested to know if there are any regular rides starting in west Tokyo. I am looking for 50-100km, easy to medium pace. not a race but good steady pace.

Thanks, Ian

ps - i seem to be classified as a junior cyclist but i don't see how to change that in my profile. I am a junior 46 year old.

j-sworks

Maximum Pace
Feb 5, 2012
Tokyo
Hello - I live in Kichijoji, ride around Tokyo quite a lot and recently joined the TCC.

I am looking for advice on a nice route to get to Yokohama. I am good as far as Tamagawa but south of that I really don't have much of a clue. I don't mind some hills if that is the most relaxing car-free way.

Also interested to know if there are any regular rides starting in west Tokyo. I am looking for 50-100km, easy to medium pace. not a race but good steady pace.

Thanks, Ian

ps - i seem to be classified as a junior cyclist but i don't see how to change that in my profile. I am a junior 46 year old.
I'm in Hino so I can help with stuff out here, but no clue about going to Yokohama.

kpykc

Speeding Up
Jun 13, 2007
Tokyo
There are no car free routes to Yokohama.

The fastest is taking route 1, 2, 15, 45 or 246 (they all cross Tamagawa at some place or another) and cutting to your destination from there.

The safest (car-free-est) is riding some crazy backroads, which you won't be able to navigate without a map or a GPS.