What's new

Hello from Ichikawa (15 September)

Jimmy Whippet

Cruising
Nov 10, 2009
Hi all, I've been a very occasional lurker here since 2009... mostly snaffling ride ideas for when we're in Tokyo for family holidays. I'll be based in Ichikawa for a month from mid-September, hopefully heading away from the family domicile and riding up hills as often as possible. I've just joined the TCC Strava group (Jimmy Whippet). I'm keen to join longer rides that might be open to interlopers, especially those with the Japanese language skills of a two year-old with a taste for alcohol.

Welcome mate!

There are a bunch of rides going on especially now the weather is starting to turn! Anything posted is open to just about anybody! Although ichikawa is kind of the opposed side to where most of the rides end up!

Ichikawa reporting in.

Check out my ride details on Strava to see how to join up with the rides meeting at "The Spaceship". Others may require a train or being adventurous and starting early. A ride home from one of these ridse will put you over 200km usually but a train home from the planned end of the ride is what most folk do.

You'll be the first up and the last home, or I will.

Mt. Tsukuba is not a million miles away but it is a pain to get to and not all that expansive.

I rarely have weekends to ride but when I do I'll give you a shout. There are a couple of national holidays coming up this month that may be a good opportunity for me.

Thanks very much for that, just checked out your Strava rides, and they are very informative. Your start point is about 3 blocks from my in-laws place – small world. I'm happy to ride 200km+, and I'll be on holidays, so will be actively avoiding any pressing engagements...

Thanks very much for that, just checked out your Strava rides, and they are very informative. Your start point is about 3 blocks from my in-laws place – small world. I'm happy to ride 200km+, and I'll be on holidays, so will be actively avoiding any pressing engagements...

My start point is probably not quite what you can see as it is cloaked....or at least it should be...:ashamed:

Anyway, roughly the same area. Feel free to pinch any routes that interest you but leave my KOMs alone! I'll track you down!

Back
Top Bottom