Hello from center city

Tomo

Warming-Up
Jun 15, 2012
Tokyo
Hello,

I am Tomo from the center city Tokyo. I am familar with Japanese, but I would rather speak English from time to time as it is my language. So I am here.

I am a fairly good fixed gear rider. I ride for distance and to get a good exercise. I used to ride about 80-100km per week in Nagoya. (Boy! Nice flat land.) I am looking to get something like that again in Tokyo, but I only know few routes. So I would be appreciated if you people can tell me any others.

Why FG? Right? I really wish I can own a roadie, but I have to park outside and I don't know I can keep derailleurs clean and maintained. Don't get me wrong, I have all the tools and skills to maintain a roadie. I just wish I had a garage. ... Oh well. FG has its own benefit. :cool:

Tomo

Mlac Peek

Peek pace master
Jun 12, 2012
Toda, Saitama
Welcome to TCC Tomo. I often ride fixed out at the Arakawasaikyo park in Saitama; it's a nice, flat closed course (no traffic) with two 5km loops to play on. If you're ever up this way drop me a line and I'll show you around.

Jun 9, 2011
tokyo
for flat routes the river trails are probably where it's at. the ride out to takao from nikotama isn't bad, and the arakawa heading north is popular. if you're interested in routes with a little more vertical i do fixed gear rides a few times a month usually starting from okutama or takao and heading west.

Tomo

Warming-Up
Jun 15, 2012
Tokyo
I generally start in center city. Head east till I hit Arakawa and follow up river to Senjushinnbashi and head south back to the center city. Gets me about 20km? Maybe a little less.