What's new

hello from australia

loveb

Warming-Up
May 5, 2014
Hi guys, I was in japan recently but did not get to bring my bike :-(

I'm coming back in november and I will be bringing my bike with me. Hopefully I can ride with you guys.

My name is paul. Filipino but living in australia.

this is my vivalo bike.

dZBNJeq.jpg

Either the vivalo or I might buy a bike when I get to japan.

went to geek garage last time but did not bring $$$$ with me. Will have a look at tokyo hippie also

Hi Paul, Welcome. Fellow pinoy here. Drop me a message when you're here - I can show you around the
good bike shops around tokyo. If time permits, I maybe able to ride with you. Cheers~

kamusta :)

thakns bro. I got in touch with toru takeda also as he was keen to go for a ride. I'll definately let you know.

I heard you cant ride brakeless so I'll either get a bike in japan with brakes or just pray I dont get a fine!

Fines are better than broken bones. Better yet get another one. So where are you staying in Japan Paul? Welcome kabayan.

Stayed in tokyo mainly. moved around a lot but this time staying in shibuya grandbell throughout the whole stay!

Thanks guys :)

i'm looking at getting a bike built when I arrive next. Not sure how much the range is but he quoted me 350,000-450,000 for very rare parts lol

I already have plenty of "crazy lag". Still, on the rare occasions when the notion occurs to me of dropping an absurd amount of money on a frame, I always think I need yet more "crazy lag". (On a larger frame though. And one with brakes, and cushioning on the handlebar.)

been quoted 350,000 to 450,000Y for a 3rensho frame with rare parts (waiting on parts list)

been quoted 350,000 to 450,000Y for a 3rensho frame with rare parts (waiting on parts list)

For those with deep pockets who enjoy spending piles of cash and would get a buzz out of the "3rensho" name, then yes indeed, why not? But the bottom end of your price range would I think get you a made-to-order frame (for your dimensions, not those of somebody in the past) from Ravanello or similar, plus non-rare but good parts.

(If it were Ravanello, then you can see just how much it would cost, though only in Japanese. Alas "crazy lag" is not on offer.)

Two things:
1. nobrake laws rarely enforced lately is the voice from the street, so risk to get fined is very low. Considering it's still a crime and you will be in deep trouble, plus non-insured if you hurt somebody, wouldn't recommend it.

2. For custom Japanese frames you can't beat Equilibrium Cycle Works for price and waiting time for full-custom. For 3rensho et al, non-Japanese communication will be more tedious and waiting time 1-2yrs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I meant cherubim. Nothing wrong with a 3rensho, although I personally prefer zunow I it comes to dead stock. Wouldn't ride either, as there are probably none fitting me, nor would try be affordable if they did.

Back
Top Bottom