What's new

Hello from Australia

Gus

Warming-Up
Dec 19, 2005
I've just joined this group although I'm not in Japan.
I have ridden a few places in Japan and have visited Japan several times also.
I've been riding for years...some racing in my younger days, a lot of commuting to work in several cities in Australia, and always like to ride and go touring...

My connection with Japan is through my wife Michiyo...she is not a rider but when we are in Japan she drops me in the mountains with a compass and a Japanese road map (I cant read Japanese) and I have lots of fun riding around for a couple of days using the mountains & valleys and the compass to find my way… She is always surprised when I phone her and tell here where I am when I'm ready to be picked up… I'm not sure when my next trip to Japan will be…but a longer tour is defiantly on my list of thing I must do…

If any of you are riding in Australia your welcome to email for any assistance… I often ride in New Zealand, its close and so sweet to ride over there…I can also assist with some info on good rides in NZ…

Well that's it in a nut shell…Just remember my motto for touring… 'Carry less - Ride more'

Kind regards
Gus

Hi Gus,

thanks for joining and welcome aboard! :greets:

Where in Japan have you been touring? Please let us know when you'll be in Japan next time. We are planning at least two or three tours a year.

Welcome! Gus-san,:)

Gus said:
My connection with Japan is through my wife Michiyo...she is not a rider but when we are in Japan she drops me in the mountains with a compass and a Japanese road map (I cant read Japanese) and I have lots of fun riding around for a couple of days using the mountains & valleys and the compass to find my way… She is always surprised when I phone her and tell here where I am when I'm ready to be picked up…

How do you use the "cannot read map"? And how dose Michiyo-san select the "dropping" point?
It sounds very intresting tour. Please let us know about your intersting tour.

Regards,
Sora

Back
Top Bottom