What's new

Hello from Asou Ward, Kanagawa

BenLee3

Cruising
Aug 30, 2015
Hello everyone. My name is Ben and I'm a cycleholic. I am an American who recently moved to the Kanto area from Thailand. I am living near the Tama River and I have been using the river bike path to get out to the mountains. I have been making my own 80-150 km loops on the Garmin out around the Uehara area and a big lake (not sure of the name of the lake) out past Takao. I have been riding alone, but I would love to meet up with some friendly people for a ride some time. I recently purchased a bike bag so I can carry the bike on the train just to cut down the transit time from home to the mountains and away from dreaded red lights every 50 meters!

Alright mate.

Come out riding whenever you like. Check the rides section for up and coming stuff.

Hi there,

If you don't have it already, here's a route to Takao (link) that misses out most of those traffic lights.

Hope to see you on a ride sometime.

Hi Ben
I don't often get out riding to the west of Tokyo but if you fancy riding up in northern Saitama , and popping into Gunma every once in a while, you are more than welcome to tag along. Keep your eye on the ride section.

Thanks GrantT for the route and thanks everyone else for the info. I will keep an eye on the ride section and try to tag along soon.

I have been making my own 80-150 km loops on the Garmin out around the Uehara area and a big lake (not sure of the name of the lake) out past Takao.
Hi Ben. Welcome! That lake is called Sagami-ko. Lots of great riding there and beyond.

Here are a couple of routes that I mapped out the night before and did. They turned out to be pretty nice rides. The last one is a really cool route on a very narrow road/paved trail past a mine and up through the mountains.

Ride 1
Ride 2

They are both great routes. Lots of goods views and some challenging climbing.
Another couple of great climbs out that way are Tsuru Pass and Nokogiri. Tsuru is very secluded from traffic but the road is great, while Nokogiri is a bit of a monster and the road is cut up but the views are amazing.

Back
Top Bottom