What's new

Hello, Chiba checking in.

armmewitharmony

Maximum Pace
Mar 10, 2014
Just like to say hello.

I'm from Vancouver BC, live in Funabashi and commute daily but by "daily" I really mean "when it's not raining", which means I'm a total wuss. But bring on the cold, the wind, the sun - no problem with that stuff - hope that makes me a man. I'll settle for "only slightly".

The truth is, I love road bikes and road biking and I hope to leech lots of awesome tips and tricks off the fine people of this board.

Wish I had more to bring to the party myself but, it is what it is... BMX background (not recent) but the only remotely applicable thing I can think of) and fairly new to road bikes. Always ride alone because I have no friends.

Thanks and look forward to great adventures.

Thanks, Musashi13

I ride almost every day, for my commute or for just riding but like I said, not in the rain.

Weekends are usually open for riding, morning/daytime?

Not sure if I want to ride with you though, Strava tells me you're burly as hell;)

Hey Andy in Tokyo,

Thanks - commuting works out to be a lot faster than by car, and way more fun.

Thanks, Musashi13
Not sure if I want to ride with you though, Strava tells me you're burly as hell;)

Proudest moment of my life.

VZxIwDv.gif

There's some great road riding in Chiba and Ibaraki. Hoping to do more Boso (Chiba peninsula) rides this year than last, company always welcome!

Hey Phil,

Yeah I've grown partial to chiba over the years, do a lot of motorcycle touring on the inside of the peninsula too.

Hit me up anytime for a boso ride, looking forward to riding it up.

Hey, I really liked all the data that was up on the screen - especially the map at the top-right.
It would be cool if the average speed value changed like the elapsed time, speed, and distance!

What camera is it?

Hey, thanks for the comments.

Yeah as has been pointed out the camera is the latest sony action cam, the white one that comes with a wrist viewer thing.

It's on the sony handlebar mount, seems ok keeps the camera on the bike but it has snapped out of the angle setting from a couple of big bumps in the road.

I tried fixing the camera to my helmet and it was ok I guess, except the horizontal angle was always off to the right for some reason. I concluded it was because my head is unevenly slanted to the right, and I also must be holding my head tilted slightly right as well. As a side note, I think I sweat only out of the right side of my head too since it's the right eye that is constantly stinging from a salty river flowing down into it.

The helmet cam thing I gave up on in the end because, it was heavy and probably nobody noticed but it filled me with the sensation of having side spoke reflectors, kickstand and rear chain protector attached to my bike. In other words, nothing against those that opt for the helmet option but I felt like a dork. The footage was also not the best.

There's some great road riding in Chiba and Ibaraki. Hoping to do more Boso (Chiba peninsula) rides this year than last, company always welcome!

Phil, the GW is getting near. Looking forward for some Boso rides again with you and others.

Man,
There were a few tight squeezes in that video!
I've got white knuckles from just watching it.Lol!

I think the camera must make it look closer than it really is, nothing out of the ordinary there - always split up the side, sometimes up the middle!

Hey, I really liked all the data that was up on the screen - especially the map at the top-right.
It would be cool if the average speed value changed like the elapsed time, speed, and distance!

What camera is it?

That would be cool.

same question, the picture was really good and the anti shake thingy function worked really well. Speed date is GPS?

The camera is supposed to have "enhanced anti-shake" technology in it, not sure how much diff there is from the last one. The roads in Chiba are a bit ghetto in general but it seems to be holding up ok.

Yeah speed data is gps - apparently I was doing 2 or 3 kph when I was stopped at the light completely still.

One thing that's not the best is it takes forever to render the overlay once you've filmed and put it in your computer. My PC is not a beast but it shouldn't take so long - maybe a couple hours for a 15 minute segment.

I've got another one of the ocean run in Makuhari that I could put up - interested in seeing it?

Wondering where I should post these vids from now on (if at all))

Back
Top Bottom